How do I transfer my license to Delaware?

I just moved to Delaware from another state, already have my license, and am under the age of 18.  How do I transfer my license to Delaware?

  • A license from another state does not automatically transfer to a license in Delaware.  Driving is a "privilege" offered by each state in our country.  The laws regarding how a teenager gets a license can differ in each state.  If you are under the age of 18, on a permit or provisional license from another state, you must have your license transferred to Delaware within 60 days.  Once your license is transferred, you must then follow the state of Delaware's Graduated Driver's License Program.
  • Complete the Transfer Request Form: Out-of-State Driver Education form and provide all the documentation requested.  If there is a document that you do not have, explain why in the comments section on the form.