State extends scholarship deadlines
Due to technical issues with the state’s scholarship website that may have prevented some students from accessing the site, the Delaware Department of Education is extending the deadlines for some state-sponsored professional incentive and private scholarships administered by the Delaware Higher Education Office.
The deadline for the following Professional Incentive Scholarship Programs is extended until 4:30 p.m. on June 30, 2014:
- Delaware Nursing Incentive Professional Incentive Scholarship Program
- Delaware Teacher Corps Professional Incentive Scholarship Program
- Christa McAuliffe Professional Incentive Scholarship Program
- Ada Leigh Soles Professional Librarian and Archivist Incentive Scholarship (Master and Bachelor) Programs
- Speech-Language Pathologist Incentive Program
- Optometry Incentive Program
The deadline for the following private scholarships administered by the state is extended until 4:30 p.m. on May 8, 2014:
- Delaware Solid Waste Authority John P. “PAT” Healy Scholarship 2014-2015 Application
- First State Manufactured Housing Scholarship 2014-2015 Application
- Port of Wilmington Maritime Society’s Dennis Latina Scholarship 2014-2015 Application
Applicants should apply by email. Please visit the Delaware Higher Education Office website at www.doe.k12.de.us/dheo for new application instructions and more information on eligibility.