Return to Headlines

Child and Adult Food Program offers meal reimbursements

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 - The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), which is managed locally by the Delaware Department of Education. Sponsors in CACFP can receive reimbursement for meals served in compliance with program regulations at qualifying child care centers, adult day care centers, emergency shelters, family day care homes and afterschool programs.  Sponsors may be reimbursed for up to two meals and one snack per participant each day. Participant eligibility is tied to income eligibility guidelines that are adjusted annually by the USDA. The current eligibility guidelines are below.


For more information please call the Delaware Department of Education Nutrition Office at (302) 857-3356.



Effective Date July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018


1 $22,311 $1,860 $430
2 $30,044 $2,504 $578
3 $37,777 $3,149 $727
4 $45,510 $3,793 $876
5 $53,243 $4,437 $1,024
6 $60,976 $5,082 $1,173
7 $68,709 $5,726 $1,322
8 $76,442 $6,371 $1,471

For each additional household member, add:





Conversion factors: Conversion is required if there are multiple income sources with more than one frequency (Example: a monthly Social Security check and a weekly wage stub). The participating agency must annualize all income by multiplying: weekly income by 52; bi-weekly income (received every two weeks) by 26; semi-monthly income (received twice a month) by 24; and monthly income by 12.



In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.


Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;


(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or


(3) email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.



Alison May
(302) 735-4006