Public input sought to inform special education strategic plan
The Delaware Department of Education invites members of the public to three input sessions, one in each county, to inform the state’s strategic plan for special education. Attendees will be asked to frame their comments around the following two questions:
1. What are the most critical challenges in the delivery of special education services within the State of Delaware?
2. When thinking about these challenges, what solutions do you think may solve these challenges?
Input will be recorded, reviewed, and used to inform the creation of the strategic plan.
The meetings are planned for:
· 4 to 5:30 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 20 at the Collette Education Resource Center Conference Room A, 35 Commerce Way, Dover
· 6:30 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 20 at the Wilmington Public Library Commons Room, 10 E. 10th St., Wilmington
· 4:30 to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 27 at the Greenwood Public Library meeting room, 100 Mill St., Greenwood
Should you need accommodations at any of these meetings, please contact Matthew Korobkin at Matthew.Korobkin@doe.k12.de.us or (302) 735-4192.