Three Dimensional Science Assessment Resources
- Next Generation Science Teacher Leaders have begun to develop high quality assessment prompts with the assistance of national experts like Dr. Nancy Songer of Drexel University and will continue their work in the coming year. Until local banks are robust, resources such as http://ngss-assessment.portal.concord.org/ and http://concord.org/projects/ngss-assessments may be useful as starting points for assessment prompts.
- Another resource as a starting point may be found at Measured Progress’ STEM GUAGE, where a free topic-based item set and teacher’s guide sampler can be downloaded by interested teachers or administrators: http://www.measuredprogress.org/classroom-and-district-assessment/products/classroom-resources/science-assessments-for-ngss/.
- For examples of online interactive tasks, see those released by NAEP and the major findings determined after national testing here: https://www.nationsreportcard.gov/science_2009/
- A great resource for teachers and administrators wanting a focus for PLCs can be found here:https://www.nap.edu/catalog/23548/seeing-students-learn-science-integrating-assessment-and-instruction-in-the. Print the book for free or purchase a bound copy for $39.95.
- Teacher developed items will be made available on Performance Plus during the 2017-2018 school year.
Last Modified on October 13, 2017