STATE OF DELAWARE OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED
FRIDAY, JUNE 18, 2021, AND WILL REOPEN MONDAY, JUNE 21, 2021.
As Delaware continues to try to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Delaware Department of Education is modifying how it provides support to its customers. While there is still no public access to our offices, those seeking help from Licensure and Certification are encouraged to call or email for assistance.
- Employed educators, please contact your human resources office.
- All other educators, please contact L&C using one of the methods below:
- By Email: Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: (302) 857-3388. Please leave a detailed message that includes your name, question or concern, and contact information, which includes both a telephone number and email address for response.
New guidance regarding COVID-19 has been published on the DDOE Website.
Submitting Official Documents
The L&C Office prefers all documents are submitted electronically, if possible.
By Email: Official documents should be sent directly to the Department from the originating authority (college, university, employer) electronically using the email address: email@example.com
- Documents must be sent as a PDF (we cannot accept PNG, JPG, or other file types) and attached to the email, not copied in the body of the email.
- The email address must be a professional email address from the originating authority - not forwarded by the educator.
- For transcripts, the electronic delivery service must send the access link directly to the Department. L&C cannot accept forwarded links.
By Mail: Documents may be mailed to the address below:
Delaware Department of Education
Office of Licensure & Certification
35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
Dover, DE 19904
State Mail Code N510
Thank you, The Licensure & Certification Team
COVID-19 Guidance and Updates (Educator Support) ETS Testing Information Notice
New Delaware Educators
The Licensure & Certification office provides support to potential and current educators who want to hold State of Delaware teaching credentials, including school leaders and other professional support service staff; Delaware public and charter school staff; other government agencies, and organizations who provide support to future educators.
To become licensed/certified to be an educator, administrator, or other professional support service staff person, select the certificate area from the list below to review the certification application steps and requirements:
If you are currently licensed/certified in another state, received your education from a non-US institution, or have not completed student teaching through an approved educator preparation program, select the appropriate option from the list below to review the requirements.