Delaware P-20 Council
Delaware’s P-20 Council brings together education decision makers from across the state to align and communicate programs, policies, and partnership opportunities in support of Delaware students. The council is focused on making certain all children enter school ready to learn, receive challenging instruction throughout their school careers and graduate from high school prepared for the college and career paths of their choice.
The P-20 Council promotes connections among the following Delaware groups: Early childhood education, K-12 educators, higher education, community-based organizations and business leaders. Based on its vision and mission, the council established research questions to focus the work of the council and its subcommittees.
- Are children from birth to age 8 on track to succeed when they enter school and beyond?
- Are students prepared to enter and succeed in career and continuing education?
- Are teachers and leaders prepared and receiving growth and development opportunities that support professional growth and student success?
- Early literacy supports for educators through higher education
- Decreasing the need for remedial education
- Meeting information – Attend P-20 Council meetings and subcommittee meetings. Access past meeting minutes, upcoming dates and agendas. All meetings are open to the public.
- Members – Find a list of current P-20 Council members and the organizations they represent. Delaware's P-20 Council membership is defined in code to include representatives from education, the legislature, the business community and more.
- Accomplishments – Learn more about P-20 Council accomplishments to date.
For more information on Delaware’s P-20 Council, including archives, contact Jenna Ahner.