Delaware education laws, regulations
Under State of Delaware law, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) is required to exercise general control and supervision over all public schools in the state. DDOE supports districts and charter schools with resources, professional development, grant access and more so that all Delaware students are ready for success in college, career and life.
- Delaware education laws - Learn more about Delaware’s current laws for public education as outlined in Title 14 of the Delaware Code.
- Delaware education regulations - Find the rules and regulations DDOE has adopted to carry out Delaware’s education laws.
Delaware education laws and regulations are often formed in partnership with the State Board of Education, the Professional Standards Board and the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association (DIAA).
Proposed, final regulations
- Proposed regulations currently out for comment in Delaware's monthly Register of Regulations
- 258 Federal Programs General Complaint Procedures
- 605 Student Rights and Responsibilities
- 615 School Attendance
- 735 Standardized Financial Reporting and Transparency
- 742 Compensation of School District and Charter School Personnel Under Federal Projects
- 851 K to 12 Comprehensive Health Education Program
- 881 Releasing Students to Persons Other Than Their Parent, Guardian or Relative Caregiver
- 920 Educational Programs for English Language Learners (ELLs)
- 1150 School Transportation
- Final regulations effective 10 days after being published in the Register of Regulations