Social, Emotional and Behavioral Wellbeing
The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) is committed to empowering every student to be successful in college, career and life. This success requires both academic and behavioral supports to assure that all students and school communities are protected, connected and respected.
DDOE’s strategy is designed to inform minds, engage hearts, and motivate hands with the best and most-promising practices for whole-child wellbeing. This transformative, equity-based work focuses on four areas:
- Trauma-informed practices
- Behavioral health and wellbeing
- Social and emotional learning (SEL)
- Educator self-care and emotional resilience
Multiple collaborations with youth-serving partners across the state have been established to create common language and strengthen intersections for collective impact and community resilience. Together, we are building a stronger Delaware – one school and community at a time.
- Educator training, resources – Current educator training opportunities and resources for social, emotional and behavioral well-being. Document is continually updated.
- Strategies for whole-child wellness – DDOE’s strategic plan for social, emotional and behavioral health across the state. Includes current strategic intents.
- Mindful Moment videos - A series of 12-minute sessions to help recharge the brain and focus attention. Lessons are available for early childhood (preschool – grade 2) and primary (grades 3-5). Secondary lessons are coming soon.
- Yoga en Español - Vídeos de yoga creados para las familias y los estudiantes de habla hispana de Delaware. (Yoga videos created for Delaware’s Spanish-speaking students and families.)
- Public Meeting Calendar – Find upcoming meeting dates, agendas and past meeting minutes for all public Delaware trauma-informed and SEL meetings.