Committee to Advance Educator Compensation & Careers
Welcome! There’s exciting work going on right now in Delaware to improve career pathways and compensation for educators.
Senate Bill 254, which passed into law on July 1, 2014, established the Committee to Advance Educator Compensation and Careers (CAECC). The Committee is charged with developing an alternative compensation structure and career pathway for educators in Delaware’s public schools. The future system will be optional for all current educators.
We are pleased to announce that the Committee has submitted provisional recommendations to Governor Jack Markell for consideration. The full copy of the report can be downloaded here: CAECC Provisional Recommendations – June 2015
Report FAQ: to be posted shortly
A copy of the full text of Senate Bill 254 can be found here:
- August 31, 2015 – Passage of HJR7 extends the work of the CAECC and creates two working groups as recommended in the Provisional Recommendations: The Educator Working Group and the Technical Working Group
Week of June 19, 2015
- The CAECC has submitted its provisional recommendations to Governor Jack Markell for consideration. The full copy of the report can be downloaded here: CAECC Provisional Recommendations – June 2015
Week of April 27, 2015
- CAECC meeting #16 has been rescheduled for Monday, May 11th from 3pm – 6pm in the Cabinet Room of the Townsend Building, 401 Federal Street, Dover, DE.
Week of April 13, 2015
- CAECC meeting #16 has been POSTPONED (originally scheduled for April 15, 9am – noon in Dover). An updated meeting date and location will be posted shortly.
Week of March 30, 2015
- CAECC meeting #16 will be held on Wednesday, April 15th from 9:00am to 12:00pm in the Governor’s Conference Room of the Tatnall Building, Dover, DE. This meeting has been postponed due to scheduling difficulties (please see above post from April 13)
Week of March 23, 2015
- CAECC meeting #15 will be held on Monday, March 30th from 1:30pm to 4:00pm in the Cabinet Room of the Townsend Building, 401 Federal Street, Dover, DE. Please see the Meetings page for additional details.
Week of January 12, 2015
- CAECC Meeting #13 will be held this Friday, January 16th from 10am – 1pm in the 12th floor conference room of the Carvel Building, 820 N French Street, Wilmington, DE. Please see the Meetings page for additional details.
Week of December 15, 2014
- CAECC Meeting #13, scheduled for Thursday, December 11th from 5pm – 8pm in Dover (Tatnall Building) is being rescheduled for the new year. A revised meeting calendar for the month of January will be posted shortly. Please see the Meetings page for updates.
Week of December 1, 2014
- CAECC Meetings #12 – #14 have been scheduled for Thursday December 11th from 3pm – 6pm in Georgetown, December 18th from 5pm – 7pm in Dover, and January 7th from 12pm – 3pm in Dover. Please see the Meetings page for additional details regarding each meeting.
Week of November 17, 2014
- CAECC meeting #11 has been rescheduled for Monday, November 24th from 12:30pm – 2:30pm. The meeting will take place on the 12th floor of the Carvel building, 820 N French Street, Wilmington, DE. There will be a videoconference location also available in the Tantall Building, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 150 William Penn St, Dover, DE.
Week of November 10, 2014
- The Committee process has been extended to January 9th, 2015 (from November 15th, 2014). The Committee will continue to meet until then. See the “Meetings” tab for details as those meetings are scheduled.
- The Committee has issued a revised working proposal based on educator feedback received during Community Forums and Educator Work Groups conducted over the past several weeks. Materials are posted in the “Get Involved” tab – the revised proposal was presented at the second round educator Working group meetings as well as the November 12th Community Forum.
- An additional Community Forum scheduled for November 12th, 2014 from 4:15pm – 5:45pm at William Penn HS Auditorium (713 E. Basin Rd., New Castle, DE). See “Get Involved” tab for more details. Presentation 11-12-14