Scholarship Incentive Program (ScIP)
Scholarship Incentive Program (ScIP) for 2020-2021
The application process for ScIP requires three steps
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2021, you must complete a FAFSA by this date in order to be reviewed for ScIP eligibility.
- Log on to your Delaware Higher Education Office (DHEO) Student Account, or for first time users you can create a DHEO Student Account online at Student Account Access . On April 1, 2021 the ScIP application will be available online, click on the Apply for Scholarships link at the top of the page and choose the ScIP scholarship and provide your anticipated college enrollment information for 2021-2022 by June 15, 2021.
- Provide your academic records to the Delaware Higher Education Office by 4:30 PM June 15, 2021 to email@example.com. Please see below for steps on how to submit your academic records.
If you are a current high school student attending a Delaware public or charter school the Delaware Higher Education Office will import your academic records from Delaware Department of Education files.
If you are a high school student who is home schooled or attending a private school in Delaware, please forward an unofficial copy of your final transcript showing an un-weighted cumulative GPA to the Delaware Higher Education Office by June 15, 2021.
If you are a current college/university student, please forward a copy of your unofficial transcript to DHEO at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2021.
If you are not currently enrolled in college or high school please send your most recent academic records, college or high school, to email@example.com by June 15, 2021.
NOTE: All communications regarding deadlines for additional information are sent to the email address you provide in your student account. Check your email frequently. To avoid delivery problems, you should add our originating e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book or safe list.
You can complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA online beginning October 1, 2020, and you can apply for an FSA ID at any time. Your FSA ID can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
ScIP grants are nonrenewable. Your FAFSA must be completed by the state deadline each year and you must complete an online application and forward your academic records to DHEO by the state deadline each year to be reviewed for ScIP eligibility.
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Legal Delaware Resident
- Demonstrate substantial financial need, as determined using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA )
- Have a minimum cumulative, unweighted grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Enroll full-time in an undergraduate degree program at a non-profit, regionally accredited institution ( http://www.chea.org/default.asp ) in Delaware
- Or enroll fulltime in an out of state, non-profit, regionally accredited college in an undergraduate or graduate degree program that is not offered at the University of Delaware ( http://www.udel.edu/academics ), Delaware State University ( http://www.desu.edu/academics ) or Delaware Technical Community College ( https://www.dtcc.edu/academics/programs-study ).
- Graduate degree programs at the public colleges in Delaware (the University of Delaware or Delaware State University) are not eligible .
- Minors, non-degree, diploma, certificate, or continuing education programs are not eligible .
- Independent study, individualized majors, co-operative programs and other arranged or negotiated programs of study are not eligible.
- A student cannot receive the Scholarship Incentive Program for more than 5 years for either undergraduate or graduate study
- Not to exceed tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses, excluding winter and summer sessions.
- Students must demonstrate financial need, as determined by FAFSA, and be in an eligible program of study to receive an award.
- Awards will be made after August 1, 2021. Check your email frequently.
- Graduate awards: $1,000/year
- Undergraduate awards: $1,000/year