Academic Common Market
In order to ensure that all college/university deadlines are met for the fall 2018 semester, the deadline for submitting a complete Academic Common Market Application to the Delaware Higher Education Office is June 29, 2018 at 4:30 PM.
The Academic Common Market is a tuition-savings agreement between 15 states that are members of the Southern Regional Education Board. If your degree program is not offered by a public college in Delaware, you may be eligible for in-state tuition at one of the participating public colleges.
You may apply for the ACM if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a Delaware resident and U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Your degree program is not offered at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- You have been accepted into, or you are already enrolled in, an eligible degree program that has been selected for the ACM by a participating public institution.
To Search for Eligible Programs in the Academic Common Market
You can search the SREB Website for the most current eligible degree programs and participating public institutions.
The ACM includes baccalaureate and graduate-level degree programs. First professional degree programs—such as dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy, theology, and law— are not offered in the ACM and cannot be requested.
Degree programs offered in the ACM are selected by the participating institutions and are subject to change. Both participating institutions and states may set restrictions on ACM participation and institutions may elect to discontinue participation in the ACM at any time.
In addition, Delaware must remove ACM access to any programs that become available at either the University of Delaware or Delaware State University.
To Apply for the Academic Common Market
Once you are admitted into an eligible degree program you can complete an Academic Common Market Application by downloading the Delaware Residency Certification Form and following the instructions for submission of your application to the Delaware Higher Education Office.
Adding a New Program to the Academic Common Market for Delaware Residents
If you would like to request that a new program be added to the Academic Common Market, the program must meet the following conditions:
- The program that you are requesting is not currently available at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- The program that you are requesting is at least 50% different from any similar program offered at the University of Delaware or Delaware State University
- The student who is requesting the program must be formally and unconditionally admitted into that program
To make a formal request that a program be added to the ACM inventory you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org please make sure that your request includes the following information:
- The full name of the college/university and the name of the program that you are requesting
- A direct website link to the program that you are requesting and a link to the program curriculum
- A copy of the student's acceptance letter into the program that you are requesting
Contact email@example.com if you have any additional questions.