CTE Legislation and Regulations
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006
The Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 calls for an increased focus on the academic achievement of career and technical education students, strengthened connections between secondary and post-secondary education, and improved state and local accountability.
Work-based Learning Virtual Tour Documents
- Philadelphia Youth Network
- Boston Private Industry Council (PIC)
- Linked Learning
- Tennessee Department of Education
Draft State Plan for School Year 2016-2017
The draft State Plan for Perkins is posted for public comment and will be submitted as part of the Delaware Combined State Plan under the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Please click on the following link to view Delaware's State Plan for Career and Technical Education . Public comment should be directed to Luke Rhine at email@example.com.
The Delaware Combined State Plan under the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) has been posted for public comment at: http://wib.delawareworks.com/wioa.php . All public comments will be collected via email and should be directed to: DOL_DET_WIOA_Helpdesk@state.de.us
Delaware Code & Regulations related to CTE:
- Vocational Schools ( 14 DE Code, Chapter 26 )
- Career and Technical Student Organizations ( 14 DE Code, Chapter 32 )
- State Content Standards ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 501 )
- Alignment of Local School District Curricula to the State Content Standards ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 502 )
- Instructional Program Requirements ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 503 )
- High School Graduation Requirements and Diplomas ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 505 )
- Policies for Dual Enrollment and Awarding Dual Credit ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 506 )
- Requirements for Career & Technical Education (CTE) Programs ( 14 DE Admin Code, Chapter 1, Section 525 )
- U.S. Department of Labor's Child Labor Provisions for Non-agricultural Occupations Under the Fair Labor Standards Act for Cooperative Education and Diversified Occupations programs, specifically requirements that must be addressed in work site agreements (page 24 and Page 25).