Career Based Scholarship
Scholarship for full-time undergraduate students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in a Delaware public or private college in a major leading to a career in a high-need field in Delaware. The Delaware Higher Education Office and the Delaware Department of Labor will review employment trends in Delaware and update the high-need career fields list every five years.
Delaware High Need Career Fields 2022-2023:
- Accountants and Auditors
- Financial Analysts
- Financial Managers
- Operations Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Management Analysts
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Software Developers, Applications
Award amount is $5,000 per year. The award is not renewable but recipients can re-apply each year. Contingent upon funding from the General Assembly and based on the size of the applicant pool, at least one student in each high-need career field will be awarded a career-based scholarship annually.
- File a FAFSA
- Log on, or create, your Student Account with the Delaware Higher Education Office: Student Account Access for DHEO Scholarships
- Click on Apply for Scholarships at the top of the page and click on the name of the scholarship that you want to apply to.
The application opens on January 2, 2023 and the deadline to apply is 4:30 PM on May 15, 2023.
Eligibility requirements for scholarship:
· Resident of Delaware
· U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
· Full time enrollment
· Must meet your institution's Satisfactory Academic Policy