Information for Delaware child care staffDelaware is moving into phase 1b of its COVID-19 vaccination plan. Phase 1b includes those 65 and older as well as frontline workers, including educators, school staff and child care providers.Beginning Jan. 20, 2021, the state will begin vaccinating Delawareans ages 65 and older.Child care providers who are 65 or older are highly encouraged to get vaccinated via the methods shared in the Governor's announcement linked above.Beginning the week of February 1, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) will launch its additional child care vaccination sites. The DDOE child care vaccination sites will be open to all center employees and support staff with direct access to children; family child care providers (not including adult household members at this time), large family child care providers and staff with direct access to children, residential child care/day treatment facilities, and child placing agencies who serve children and families throughout Delaware.Child care vaccination will be divided into stages using a risk-based approach.
- Stage 1: Individuals (meeting one or more of the following criteria)
- age 65 or older
- with high-or medium-risk chronic medical conditions
- who work with special populations and have limited opportunity to follow public health measures such as maintaining physical distance and wearing face coverings
- Stage 2: Individuals
- whose job responsibilities require them to directly interact with children and families and/or members of the public on a routine basis, either within a center, home and residential facility and agency or out in the community
DDOE will be offering multiple vaccination opportunities in the coming weeks and months, including drive-thru clinics, vaccination sites and pharmacy vaccination appointments. DDOE will be sharing information later this week on how child care providers who qualify for Stage 1 can register for vaccination.Note: The operation of DDOE's vaccination sites will remain dependent on the state's vaccine supply.Additional information and regular updates will be posted to DDOE's COVID-19 vaccination site: de.gov/k12vaccine.
- Stage 3: Individuals (meeting one or more of the following criteria)
- whose job responsibilities can be or are currently being accomplished from home
- who did not have access to the vaccine in prior stages
Last Modified on January 22, 2021