COVID-19 Vaccines: Phase 1B
Education-related personnel (district/charter/private/parochial/childcare staff)
Since late January, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) organized COVID-19 vaccination opportunities for Delaware public and private K-12 educators and school staff as well as licensed child care providers.
For K-12 staff, DDOE launched an online pre-registration system for interested educators and school staff to request vaccination. More than 16,000 K-12 educators and school staff requested vaccination through DDOE, and everyone in the system was invited to a vaccination event. An email was also sent to all districts and charter schools to invite all educators and school staff who may not have pre-registered in the system to the event at Dover Downs the weekend of March 13. All interested licensed child care providers also were invited through DDOE’s Office of Child Care Licensing.
DDOE’s events, which have included school-based clinics as well as drive-thru events at Dover Downs, were possible thanks to a collaboration with our pharmacy partner, Albertsons/Acme (site-based clinics) and Division of Public Health (DPH)/FEMA (drive-thru events). At each of the DDOE events, educators and school staff have also received a second dose appointment. All second doses will be completed by April 17.
We greatly appreciate the assistance of our hosting schools and the many district and DDOE staff volunteers who helped our events run smoothly. As of today, there have been approximately 10,000 educators and school staff vaccinated and over 2,600 child care providers through DDOE events alone.
On March 27, DDOE will host its final first shot vaccination clinic. Educators and school staff will continue to be able to schedule appointments through pharmacies such as Walgreens as well as take advantage of any other DPH events offered.
- de.gov/vaccine - Provides detailed information from DPH on the COVID-19 vaccine and Delaware's process for distribution.
- Vaccine safety and monitoring information - DPH information on COVID-19 vaccination trials and safety.
- General vaccine FAQs - Answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- FAQ videos from DPH - DPH videos answer frequently asked questions (FAQs) from educators and school staff.
- Pfizer fact sheet - Current fact sheet for Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine.
- Moderna fact sheet - Current fact sheet for Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine.
- DDOE vaccine process - Explains how DDOE designed the vaccination process for educators and school staff. Includes eligibility details, Phase IB stages and more.
- DDOE vaccine roll-out flier - Outlines how educators and school staff were able to access vaccines throughout the state.
- Vaccination memo to districts and charters - Communicates DDOE's plan for managing the COVID-19 vaccination process for Delaware school staff.
- Delaware COVID-19 Vaccination Playbook - Provides background on Delaware's plan for the COVID-19 vaccine and distribution.
- Delaware vaccine allocation framework - Explains decisionmaking for how DPH is administering vaccines to the public.
- Vaccine information sheet - Lists latest information on the different COVID vaccines.
- Vaccine dosing schedules - Explains authorized dosing schedules for COVID-19 vaccines.
- 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program - Answers important questions about the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program.
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 vaccines - Explains how the COVID-19 vaccine works. Includes facts vs. myths.
- Vaccine education authored by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) - Answers detailed questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
For questions about vaccinating school staff, please contact Education.CovidVaccine@doe.k12.de.us.