COVID-19 Vaccines: Phase 1B
Education-related personnel (district/charter/private/parochial/childcare staff)
The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) has adopted an ethical framework that guides decision-making for administration of the vaccines that are expected to be limited for the first several weeks. Vaccine administration to the public expands through the phases as vaccine becomes more available. Education-related personnel are eligible for the vaccine in Phase 1b.
Overarching goal: To vaccinate as many people who choose to be vaccinated as possible in a time-sensitive manner as a critical mitigation strategy in the COVID-19 pandemic response.
Updates for Delawareans ages 65 and over (including all K-12 and childcare staff)
- DDOE vaccine process - General information on the DDOE vaccination process for educators and school staff. Includes eligibility details, Phase IB stages and more.
- DDOE vaccine roll-out flier - Outlines how educators and school staff will be able to access vaccines throughout the state.
- Governor Carney's Phase 1B announcement - Governor Carney, DPH announce transition to vaccinate Phase 1B.
- Vaccine clinic information
- Coming soon: Will include dates, times and locations of where school staff may access the vaccine.
- DDOE vaccine process - General information on the DDOE vaccination process for child care staff. Includes 1B stages and more.
- de.gov/vaccine - Provides detailed information from DPH on the COVID-19 vaccine and Delaware's process for distribution.
- Vaccine safety and monitoring information - DPH information on COVID-19 vaccination trials and safety.
- General vaccine FAQs - Answers frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the COVID-19 vaccine.
- FAQ videos from DPH - DPH videos answer frequently asked questions (FAQs) from educators and school staff.
- Pfizer fact sheet - Current fact sheet for Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine.
- Moderna fact sheet - Current fact sheet for Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine.
- Delaware COVID-19 Vaccination Playbook - Provides background on Delaware's plan for the COVID-19 vaccine and distribution.
- Vaccination memo to districts and charters - Outlines DDOE's plan for managing the COVID-19 vaccination process for Delaware school staff.
- Delaware vaccine allocation framework - Explains decisionmaking for how DPH is administering vaccines to the public.
- Vaccine information sheet - Lists latest information on the different COVID vaccines.
- Vaccine dosing schedules - Explains authorized dosing schedules for COVID-19 vaccines.
- 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program - Answers important questions about the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program.
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 vaccines - Explains how the COVID-19 vaccine works. Includes facts vs. myths.
- Vaccine education authored by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) - Answers detailed questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
For questions about vaccinating school staff, please contact Education.CovidVaccine@doe.k12.de.us.