Educator Self-Care and Emotional Resilience
The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) is committed to empowering every student to be successful in college, career and life. This success requires both academic and behavioral supports to assure that all students and school communities are protected, connected and respected.
DDOE recognizes that educators cannot pour from empty wells. We place a high value on educator self-care as a universal strategy to offset the impact of compassion fatigue and secondary trauma. Our goal is to reduce educator burnout and ultimately support the retention of a high-quality workforce.
- Educator training, resources – Current educator training opportunities and resources for social, emotional and behavioral well-being. Document is continually updated.
- Strategies for whole-child wellness – DDOE’s strategic plan for social, emotional and behavioral health across the state. Includes current strategic intents.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction strategies - Live mindfulness strategies for educators, students and families. Provided through Pure Edge.
- Headspace for educators – Free, online resilience strategies for Delaware school staff.
- Public Meeting Calendar – Find upcoming meeting dates, agendas and past meeting minutes for all public Delaware trauma-informed and SEL meetings.