Remote Learning Resources
DDOE Contacts: Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Career and Technical Education support is available as needed by contacting 302-735-4015 at any time or by emailing the appropriate LEA contacts listed below. General CTE questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts by Discipline
Peg Enslen, Health Sciences
Michael Fitzgerald, Technology Education
Bart Gill, Agriscience
Rita Hovermale, K-12, Family & Consumer Science
Jonathan Wickert, Postsecondary Progs.
Lisa Wilson, Business Finance & Marketing
Lisa Stoner-Torbert, Policy Advisor
Carmen Strollo, Career & Technical Education Student Organizations
CTE Instructional Resources
Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
National Association of Supervisors of Agricultural Education (NASAE): NASAE organized a series of virtual meetings to allow state leaders to identify opportunities and solutions regarding COVID-19 and the postponement and cancelation of events. The recordings and notes from each of these meetings can be found on the National Association of Supervisors Agricultural Education website under the NASAE Covid-19 Resources tab. Additionally, a Google doc (NASAE Classroom/Teacher Resources) has been created to record all of the free resources being provided for ag education and is updated regularly as new resources surface.
Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications
- Adobe Adobe gives free Arts, AV, Communications resources with Creative Cloud access to students and teachers.
- Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge Arts, AV, Communications and STEM Rube Goldberg Bar of Soap Video Challenge at home video contest sponsored by NRG
- Blender Free and open source 3D creation suite for Arts, AV, Communications that supports modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, motion tracking, video editing and game creation.
Business, Finance and Marketing
- Teacher Advisory Network (TAN) – Business, Finance and Marketing online resource. This chart includes a compilation of 17 online resources and descriptions. Many of these resources are applicable to all education areas.
- CyberPatriot Elementary School Cyber Education Initiative A set of three interactive Computer Science learning modules aimed at increasing the awareness of online safety and cybersecurity principles with supplemental activities.
- Code.org Recommendations for AP Exams, modifying curriculum, Code.org tools and links to resources in Computer Science.
- Scratch Free Computer Science Program interactive stories, games, and animations.
- Code Monkey (www.codemonkey.com)
- Code Monkey provides online computer science games for writing code. They are currently offering a free trial for teachers. Features include: classroom dashboard; 30 fun coding challenges; accounts for 30 students; over 5 hour-long courses; lesson plans. This is focused on grades K-8 and has both app and web-based platforms.
- Delaware Health Sciences Schoology Group provides Health Science articles and resources. Additionally, the “Resources” section that contains many robust Health Science activities and links. Access Code: P4HZ3-W8MKG.
- Handling clinicals, apprenticeship and more, Community College Daily
Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Teach Engineering Free STEM resources gathered from around the web. Resources are filtered by category. Digital library comprised of standards-based curricula for K-12.
- Engineering, Go For It! Free STEM resources gathered from around the web. Resources are filtered by category. Digital library comprised of standards-based curricula for K-12.
- STEMfinity Free STEM resources gathered from around the web. Resources are filtered by category. Digital library comprised of standards-based curricula for K-12.
- Discover E Free STEM resources gathered from around the web. Resources are filtered by category. Digital library comprised of standards-based curricula for K-12.
- STEM Works Free STEM resources gathered from around the web. Resources are filtered by category. Digital library comprised of standards-based curricula for K-12.
- Whitebox Learning Free Integrated-STEM Learning system STEM Applications include Dragster 2.0, Gliders 2.0, Structures 2.0, Green Car 2.0, Rockets 2.0, Mousetrap Car 2.0, Prosthetics 2.0, Rover 2.0, Survival Shelter 2.0, KidWind 2.0, Solar, and Drone. Students can compete virtually, from any browser. Free for use until end of June.
General CTE Resources
- CTE priorities for phase four stimulus package: A Letter to Congress, ACTE and Advance CTE
- High-quality tools, resources and support for educators and parents, CTE Education Coalition
- FCS Content-Specific E-Learning Resources, Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) Educators
- Ten Equity Implications of the Coronavirus Outbreak in the U.S, NAACP