Remote Learning Resources
- Shape America provides tips for creating distance learning that include resources to promote and track physical activity.
- Six Apps to Kickstart Your PE Classroom and Keep Kids Motivated (article) lists apps students can use at home to track and plan fitness.
- PE Central’s Web Sites for Kids provides links to resources to support remote and home instruction for physical education.
- PBS Learning provides resources for Health and Physical Education.
- Gopher gives lesson ideas and technology resources for supporting Physical Education.
- OpenPE includes family and teacher resources on their website as well as at home fitness plans for teachers to provide students.
- PE with Joe is a YouTube series that will have new workouts every day at 9AM, he has a YouTube channel called The Body Coach TV. His videos are great for any age.
- Darebee is an online resource that provides body weight workouts with picture demonstrations of each movement. Darebee provides many different workouts that can be modified, all free and printable.
- Play 60 is sponsored by the American Heart Association and has virtual experiences.
- GoNoodle promotes good energy at home, featuring at home videos and activities for K-12 learners.
- Jr. NBA is a K-12 curriculum with at home activities that are brought to the learner by NBA and WNBA players. Uses limited space and promotes mindfulness.
- Local gyms - there are many local gyms and trainers that are offering at home workouts for kids. Jessica Moyer from The Ice House goes live on her website and Facebook several times a week at 11 AM.
For additional support on health and PE - Sabra Collins
Last Modified on April 3, 2020