District and Charter School Resources
In his March 23, 2020 letter on school closures, Governor Carney directed schools in Delaware to remain closed through May 15, 2020 and shared that districts and charters will work with their staffs to create remote instruction plans so students can continue to learn during this crisis.
Moving forward, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) and the Department of Technology and Information (DTI) will support schools in the planning and preparation related to models and methods of instructional delivery and, to the extent possible, the delivery of social and related services.
- DDOE's Remote Learning Resources for Districts and Charter Schools – Provides high quality instructional options for Delaware districts and charter schools to consider as they implement remote learning models. Continually updated by DDOE as they work with district and charter curriculum directors to support all students.
- District and Charter Remote Learning Plans - A list of links to Delaware district and charter school remote learning plans. Plans were submitted to DDOE on Friday, April 3.
- Instruction Partners Resource Hub - Includes concrete actions, recommendations and resources for educators to use as they prepare to move into a remote learning environment.
- Hierarchy of School Needs – Highlights six focus areas educators need to consider as they progress through the challenges of remove learning.
- Instructional Models for Learning Outside School - Provides an overview of the three instructional models being utilized across many partners nationally, guidance for determining an instructional model that fits context and concrete resources for supporting chosen models.
- TNTP – Lists remote learning strategies, guiding principles, standalone short-term resources and existing long-term resources.