Smarter Balanced Resources
- Smarter Balanced resources (sample parent reports and interpretive guide, sample test questions, Be a Learning Hero website, guide to parent teacher conferences, practice Test).
- Use this guide to understand the skills your child is expected to know in the content standards for ELA and Mathematics, why some students struggle, and how you can help them persevere and fill in some gaps.
- How can you help your child move his knowledge ahead? The Learning Hero Roadmap is your guide to help your child with (free) and fun activities at home.
- Each spring, Delaware students in grades 3-8 take the required state test in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics to measure progress with grade-level skills. The state test is one of several measures, including report card grades, classwork, and teacher feedback, that together give you a more complete picture of your child's academic progress.
Note: It is recommended to use Firefox or Google Chrome browsers to view these websites and especially the practice test. If the links don't open properly, copy them and paste them in your browser.
New Resources for Educators and Parents
Smarter Balanced has shared some exciting ELA and Math resources for educators and parents that will support teaching and learning and are aligned to the content standards for all grade levels.
- Tools for Teachers (Coming soon!)
- Remote Teaching and Learning
- Sample Items
- Smarter Content Explorer
- Back to School Assessment Playbook
Please read this FLIER for more information about these amazing resources and where to access them.
Delaware State Network Educators (SNE)
Educators participate in different Smarter Balanced activities. They gain invaluable Information about the development and resources of the Smarter Balanced assessments. They help develop resources, aligned to ELA and Mathematics State Content Standards, and are vetted by Smarter balanced staff and other Smarter balanced members.