Registering a Delaware homeschool, private school
Open and active nonpublic schools in Delaware must register with the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) as well as report annual enrollment and attendance.
Please review information to consider first before starting the process of opening a homeschool or private school in Delaware.
Whether you are opening a homeschool or private school in Delaware, the process contains the following steps:
- Request a DDOE EdAccess account and wait for email confirmation that this request was approved. This email will contain your username and password.
- Log into the nonpublic school (NPS) application by following the directions in the IMS account approval email. Make sure to save and continue on each page.
- Select the nonpublic school application icon (ADD PIC?)
- Select if you are opening a homeschool or private school
- Enter the school's demographic information and contact information
- Add student(s) to be enrolled
- Review and submit - Your request is now pending. The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) will review your submitted application and open or deny the school. If needed, they will call for any additional information. Please note: DDOE will review applications as quickly as possible. DDOE will deny applications and/or student registration with active truancy cases.
- DDOE will notify you of your application status
Once approved, schools may access enrollment and reporting information using EdAccess. Use EdAccess to print a copy of the acknowledgment letter stating that a student is enrolled in your school. Public schools will not withdraw students from their school without this acknowledgement letter. Keep all copies for your records.
For issues logging into EdAccess, email NPS with your IMS account information. Please subject the email “NPS login issue.”