The Reimagining Professional Learning Grants support the work of schools committed to improving the quality and efficacy of professional learning for teachers in Delaware in order to increase opportunities and outcomes for our students. Reimagining professional learning is imperative. It will not happen overnight, but will start with the bold thinking of school leaders and be realized with longer-term efforts and the replication of successful practices seeded through this grant. Schools that are committed to this vision are encouraged to apply to receive a Reimagining Professional Learning Grant.
2019 - 2020 Grant Awardees by District
Grant Descriptions can be found here: Grant Descriptions for 2019-2020 Awardees
AppoquiniminkSchoolGrant NameAppoquinimink High School, Waters Middle School, Redding Middle School, Meredith Middle School, Middletown High SchoolSuccess for ALL Students
BrandywineSchoolGrant NameBrandywine High SchoolLeveraging Materials to Support Ambitious Teaching through Coaching PartnershipsConcord High SchoolLeveraging Materials to Support Ambitious Teaching through Coaching PartnershipsMaple Lane ESSupporting Struggling Learners Through High Quality Curriculum and Professional Learning PartnershipsMount Pleasant High SchoolLeveraging Materials to Support Ambitious Teaching through Coaching PartnershipsPS DuPont MSLeveraging Materials to Support Ambitious Teaching through Coaching PartnershipsSpringer MSCoaching to Support Ambitions Teaching Using Illustrative MathematicsTalley MSCoaching to Support Ambitious Teaching Using Illustrative Mathematics and Interventions
Caesar RodneySchoolGrant NameFifer MS, Postlethwait MSIncreasing Rigor Through Instructional Best PracticesW. Reily Brown ES, Frear ES, Simpson ES, Star Hill ES, Stokes ES, Welch ESConceptual Instruction that Ensures Readiness for Secondary Mathematics - Yes That Really Exists!
Cape HenlopenSchoolGrant NameBeacon MSEnhancing Access for All: UDL Learning Labs at Cape
CapitalSchoolGrant NameKent County Community School, KC Secondary ILC, William Henry MS, Dover High School, East Dover ES, North Dover ES, South Dover ES, Hartly ES, Towne Point ES, Fairview ES, Booker T Washington ES, Central MSCapital Reimagining Professional Learning Opportunity Grant
CharterSchoolGrant NameEarly College High School @ Delaware State UniversityFinding VALUE (Validation, Acquisition, and Learning Through Equitable Practices)Freire Charter SchoolBuilding a Professional Learning Community to Decrease Achievement Gaps Between Peer Groups in MathematicsKuumba AcademyKuumba's Reimagining Professional LearningProvidence Creek AcademyMTSS Coaching and Differentiating Up!
ChristinaSchoolGrant NameShue-Medill MSShue-Medill Middle Reimagining Grant: Explicit Academic and Trauma Informed Teaching Strategies to Support All Student
ColonialSchoolGrant NameGunning Bedford MSLeveraging Learning
DelmarSchoolGrant NameDelmar MSImproving Literacy Achievement
DSCYFSchoolGrant NameFerris/CWS SchoolFerris (DSCYF) Essential Strategies to Meet the Common Core Part IITerry CenterTerry Center Multi-tiered Systems of Support to Increase Literacy Outcomes
Indian RiverSchoolGrant NameEast Millsboro, Georgetown ES, John M Clayton ES, Long Neck ES, Lord Baltimore ES, North Georgetown ES, Phillip C Showell ES, Southern Delaware School of the ArtsPlanning with a PurposeSussex Central High School, Millsboro MS, Selbyville MSUsing Coaching to Improve Pedagogical Impact on Student Achievement
Lake ForestSchoolGrant NameLake Forest High SchoolReimagining Professional Learning Innovation GrantW.T. Chipman MSStrategic Focus on our Special Education Program
LaurelSchoolGrant NameLaurel High SchoolRich and Engaging Instruction in High School Mathematics Using High Quality Instructional Materials: Illustrative MathematicsLaurel MSRich and Engaging Instruction in Middle Grades Mathematics Using High Quality Instructional Materials: Illustrative MathematicsLaurel ES, North Laurel Early Learning AcademyReimagining Elementary Mathematics by Piloting High Quality Instructional Materials
MilfordSchoolGrant NameLulu Ross ESELA Instructional Strategy Mind-ShiftMilford Central AcademySetting Sail for GreatnessMilford High SchoolReimagining ELA Instruction for All Learners
Red ClaySchoolGrant NameHighlands ES, Richardson Park ES, Forest Oak ES, Linden Hill ESEnhancing Teachers' Knowledge and Instructional Strategies in the Area of Literacy InstructionWarner ES, Mote ES, Marbrook ESEnhancing Teachers' Knowledge and Instructional Strategies in the Area of Literacy InstructionCooke ES, Lewis Dual Language ES, Baltz ESEnhancing Teachers' Knowledge and Instructional Strategies in the Area of Literacy InstructionRichey ES, Heritage ES, Brandywine Springs, North Star ESEnhancing Teachers' Knowledge and Instructional Strategies in the Area of Literacy InstructionBrandywine Springs School, Skyline MS, H.B. DuPont MSImplementing Evidence-Based Instructional PracticesA.I. DuPont High School, McKean High SchoolImplementing Evidence-Based Instructional PracticesCab Calloway School of the Arts, Conrad School of Science, Dickinson High SchoolImplementing Evidence-Based Instructional Practices
SeafordSchoolGrant NameSeaford High School, Seaford MSContent Institutes at the Secondary Level to Address TSI 2 Needs
SmyrnaSchoolGrant NameClayton IntermediateDifferentiating Learning Every Way, Every DayJB Moore Intermediate, Smyrna MS, Smyrna High SchoolDifferentiated for Success
WoodbridgeSchoolGrant NameWoodbridge MSReimagining Professional Learning
Educator professional learning opportunities are…
- Designed to strengthen standards aligned core instruction through increasing teacher capacity using new and evidence-based instructional practices to support all students and address inequities in student subgroups. i.e., students with disabilities, English Learners.
- Designed to ensure all students in all classrooms receive equitable access to high quality instructional materials and educators.
- The right to equitable educational opportunity is universal.
- The inalienable right to equitable educational opportunity includes the right to high expectations, higher-order pedagogies, and engaging curricula.
- Focused on curriculum specific experiences that strengthen standards-based instruction and building and solidifying systems/structures to support opportunities for multiple content areas to strengthen skillful use of instructional resources in classrooms.
New documents will be provided for future grants.
- Public Notice - January 16, 2019
- Live Question Forum Webinar - February 5, 2019 (recorded) - PDMS Course #27872; Section #50375. Live question forum webinar recording
- Intent to Apply (required) - March 7, 2019 (3:00pm)
- Administration of Standards Assessment Inventory (SAI). Window open March 18, 2019 to April 18, 2019
- Technical Assistance Session 1 - March 11, 2019, 9:00am - 12:00pm - Collette Resource Center - PDMS Course #27874; Section #50378
- Technical Assistance Session 2 - April 2, 2019, 12:30pm - 3:30pm - Collette Resource Center - PDMS Course #27874; Section #50379
- Deadline for Questions - April 18, 2019 (3:00pm)
- Response to Questions Posted by - April 25, 2019 (3:00pm)
- Deadline for Receipt of Proposals - May 3, 2019 (3:00pm)
- Estimated Notification of Award (pending revisions) - June 2019
New dates will be provided for future grants.
If you have questions regarding the Reimagining Professional Learning Grant, please contact the grant team at reimaginingPL@doe.k12.de.us
If you have education-related questions or suggestions regarding Professional Learning in Delaware, please contact the Professional Learning workgroup at 302-735-4180 or visit the Staff Directory.