Various resources are available for those wishing to start a child care business or families seeking early child care, including special education services.
- Start a childcare business: Information on how to open a childcare business in Delaware. Includes requirements, training and more.
- Search requirements by provider type: Get information on childcare regulations, forms, administering medicine and more. Maintained by the Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families (DSCYF).
Additional Programs and Support
- Delaware Stars for Early Success - or Delaware Stars - is the state's program to support early child care and education providers as they continuously improve child care quality throughout the state. Early learning programs that join Delaware Stars commit to providing the best early learning experiences for young children. Providers can achieve up to a 5-star rating for their work on curriculum, instructional strategies and more. Delaware Stars is the state’s quality rating and improvement system (QRIS), which evaluates, enhances and communicates early learning. Site includes tiered reimbursement rates for providers.
- Special Education Services: Information for families and educators concerned about a child's development. Includes the process for determining if a child is eligible for special education or related services in Delaware, information on the state's Child Development Watch program as well as resources for supporting all students.
- Early Childhood Mental Health Consultants: Free program for providers who want to support social and emotional development for children ages 2-5 years in early care and education settings.
- First Start Delaware Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP): First State EHS-CCP supports partnerships between new or existing Early Head Start programs and child care providers who agree to meet the Head Start Program Performance Standards. This program currently serves 200 children in 11 centers in Delaware. Delaware childcare programs interested in joining can contact the Office of Early Learning or call at (302) 735-4295 for availability, minimum requirements and next steps.
- EHS-CCP Policies and Procedures: Includes federal overview of EHS-CCP program. Provides more information on partnership between Head Start and Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF)
- 2017-18 First Start Delaware EHS-CCP Report: Annual report containing fiscal and enrollment information for First State Delaware EHS-CCP program.
Last Modified on August 4, 2019