Become an early childhood educator
- Work with children from birth through pre-kindergarten: Get an Early Care and Education Certificate to work with children from birth through pre-kindergarten in childcare settings. Includes training information and requirements for age, education and experience.
- Work with children from kindergarten through age eight: Get a School-Age Certificate to work with children from kindergarten through age eight in school-age settings. Includes training information and requirements for age, education and experience.
- Get certified using Delaware First: Submit documents to the state to become certified for employment in early childcare or school-age care centers. Also known as The Delaware First Professional Development System For Early Childhood Programs.
- T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Program: Provides educational scholarships for early childhood teachers, directors, assistants, on-site owners, and family group or home child care staff.
- Child Care WAGE$® Program: Provides education-based salary supplements to teachers, directors, administrators and family childcare providers working with children from birth to five years. Participants must be working in a regulated (STARS) early care and education setting and the program must be a STAR 3 or higher.
- Early Childhood Workforce Matrix: Provides information on early childhood workforce development initiatives, including supports for those seeking training, education, work experience and financial assistance with tuition
Last Modified on August 12, 2019