Current PDMS Course Offerings for Administrators
All courses are available for registration on PDMS. If you would like to register for a course and have trouble, please contact either Melissa Oates (email@example.com), Michael Saylor (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Seher Ahmad (email@example.com) for assistance.
Courses & Descriptions for 2020-2021:
Course #28996: DPAS II for Administrators Overview
The DPAS-II for Administrators Overview Course is a series of short videos that explain all five components of the evaluation system. Additionally, a video is included that explains the purpose of a summative conference. Each video includes a modeled conversation between an administrator and evaluator.This course is an excellent introduction or review of the evaluation system. In addition to the videos, you will also find a copy of the DPAS-II for Administrators Guide and a copy of the Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (PSEL). The evaluation system is aligned to PSEL, the adopted standards for leaders in Delaware. This course does not lead to credentialing.
Course #28076: DPAS II Boot Camp Training for Teacher/Specialist System - Observation and Evaluation
This mandatory training is required of any educator before completing observations or evaluations on teachers and/or specialists. To become a credentialed observer, participants must complete a 3-hour online webinar (PDMS Course 28089, covering "Policies, Processes, and Goal-Setting"), attend a four-day in-person training (PDMS Course 28076), and pass an online assessment. For more information: DPAS II Boot Camp flyer
- Day One: Developing Observation Skills and Understanding the Teacher’s Framework
- Day Two: Applying Observation Skills to the Teacher’s Framework
- Day Three: Observing in the Special Education Classroom/Understanding the Specialist's Framework
- Day Four: Professional Conversations and Conferencing
Boot Camps for 2019-2020 will be offered on the following dates:
- Session 1: July 15-18, 9:00-4:00, Delaware Public Archives Building
- Session 2: July 29-August 1, 8:30-3:30, Government Support Services Building
- Session 3: August 19-22, 8:30-3:30, Delaware State Police Troop 3
- Session 4: September 23-26, 8:30-3:30, Delaware State Police Troop 3
- Session 5: October 28-31, 8:30-3:30, Delaware State Police Troop 3
- Session 6: January 13-16 (2020), 9:00-4:00, Delaware Public Archives Building
Course #28105: DPAS II System Refresher
Please join the Department of Education Educator Support Team as we discuss updates/changes to regulations, Measure B assessments, and revision work with the teacher evaluation system that is underway. We will also discuss best practices for collecting, sorting and aligning evidence, unique situations and the Student Improvement Component, and newly created resources for the specialist evaluation system. This year's refresher will be a 90-minute webinar and will be held on the following dates; July 24th, July 31st, August 14th, and August 21st.
Course # 27795: DPAS II for Evaluating Administrators (New Evaluators)
This is a required, one-day training for all administrators new to evaluating assistant principals, principals, and/or district administrators. A credentialing assessment is required after participating in the one-day training.
Trainings for 2020-2021 are completed. New dates will be released for 2021-2022 by June 2021.