Current PDMS Course Offerings for Administrators
All courses are available for registration on PDMS. If you would like to register for a course and have trouble, please contact either Melissa Oates ( Melissa.email@example.com ) or Cindy Huffman ( cindy.Huffman@doe.k12.de.us ) for assistance.
Courses & Descriptions
Upcoming for 2018-2019:
Course #27146: DPAS II for Administrators
This is a mandatory, one-day training for all new administrators required to evaluate assistant principals, principals, and/or district administrators.
Training Dates: July 23, 2018 (8:30 to 3:30) or August 16, 2018 (8:30 to 3:30)
Course #26995: DPAS II Teacher Framework Calibration
Calibration is a recommended practice of all educators to ensure a common, shared understanding of what practice looks like at different performance levels. Calibration establishes and maintains consistency in analyzing evidence, providing feedback, and using professional judgment to determine performance level ratings. It is expected for all evaluators to participate in yearly calibration activities.
The DDOE, in coordination with the Danielson Group, will offer a series of 6 online calibration sessions during the 2018-2019 school year. Sessions will be available for the entire month to allow participants the opportunity to complete the webinar at their convenience.
- Session 1: October 2018
- Session 2: November 2018
- Session 3: January 2019
- Session 4: March 2019
- Session 5: April 2019
- Session 6: May 2019
Course #26990: DPAS II Boot Camp Training for Teacher/Specialist System - Observation and Evaluation
This mandatory five-day training is required of any educator before completing observations or evaluations on teachers and/or specialists. To become a credentialed observer, participants must attend all five days and pass an online assessment. For more information: 2018-2019 Boot Camp Training Flyer
- Day One: Developing Observation Skills and Understanding the Teacher’s Framework
- Day Two: Applying Observation Skills to the Teacher’s Framework
- Day Three: Policies, Processes and Goal-Setting
- Day Four: Observing in the Special Education Classroom/Understanding the Specialist's Framework
- Day Five: Professional Conversations and Conferencing
Boot Camps for 2018-2019 will be offered on the following dates:
- Session #1: July 16-20
- Session #2: August 6-10
- Session #3: August 20-24
- Session #4: September 10-14
- Session #5: October 29-November 2
Courses #26991, #26992, #26993: DPAS II Teacher - Deep Dive Series
Do you desire a deep understanding of the teacher evaluation tool?
This year the Delaware Department of Education will host a 3 session series on the DPAS II Teacher Framework.
Leading experts from the Danielson Group will facilitate each session.
Participation in all 3 sessions in not required but encouraged.
- Dissect each criteria: looking at the elements and potential examples for each performance level.
- Evaluate evidence of each criteria.
- Build a toolbox of strategies to help develop performance for each criteria.
Training Dates, Locations, and Times:
Session One: Component One: Planning and Preparation (PDMS Course #26991)
- September 18th-New Castle County-Carvel Building, Wilmington, DE-8:30-3:30
- September 19th-Kent County-Delaware Archives Building, Dover, DE-9:00-4:00
- September 20th-Sussex County-G.W. Carver Building, Frankford, DE-8:30-3:30
Session Two: Component Two: Classroom Environment(PDMS Course #26992)
- October 16th-New Castle County-Carvel Building, Wilmington, DE-8:30-3:30
- October 17th-Kent County-Delaware Archives Building, Dover, DE-9:00-4:00
- October 18th-Sussex County-G.W. Carver Building, Frankford, DE-8:30-3:30
Session Three: Component Three: Instruction (PDMS Course #26993)
- November 13th-New Castle County-Carvel Building, Wilmington, DE-8:30-3:30
- November 14th-Kent County-Delaware Archives Building, Dover, DE-9:00-4:00
- November 15th-Sussex County-G.W. Carver Building, Frankford, DE-8:30-3:30
Course #26998: DPAS II System Refresher
Please join the Department of Education Educator Support Team as we discuss updates/changes to policies and the guide, examine ways to collect and use your school or district evaluation data to plan professional development, review and calibrate the rubrics and feedback, and discuss processes/protocols for observation and evaluation conferences. There will also be time to work through common Problems of Practice with other schools/districts.
- Session 1: July 10-New Castle County-8:30-3:30
- Session 2: July 11-Kent County -8:30-3:30
- Session 3: July 12-Sussex County-8:30-3:30
- Session 4: July 31-New Castle County-8:30-3:30
- Session 5: August 1-Kent County-8:30-3:30
- Session 6: August 14-Sussex County-8:30-3:30