• Support Personnel Salary Supplements

  • Support Personnel Salary Supplements Overview

    Support Personnel are eligible to receive as salary the amount that the employee qualifies for under 14 Del.C. §1308(b) plus an annual amount for additional training as defined in 14 Del.C. §1309.

    “Support Personnel” means an administrative secretary, financial secretary, senior secretary, secretary or clerk employed by a school district, charter school or by the Department of Education. 

    Applicant for the Support Personnel Salary Supplement must be employed full-time by a school district, charter school or by the Department of Education to be considered for approval.

    Payment of the salary supplement is the responsibility of the employing entity.

    Top of Page

  • Registering for an Educator Account in DEEDS

    The Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS) is a database system which houses your personal educator data. The system communicates with PHRST, the State of Delaware’s Payroll system. Therefore, the database houses your personal information, email, transcripts, employment information, graduate salary increments, and any other relevant data uploaded by the Delaware Department of Education or your employing entity. DEEDS can be accessed by your district or school’s HR department; however, they can only access certain data. Only the Delaware Department of Education can access all the information in your DEEDS account.

    To apply for a new license, certificate or permit, you must have an account in the Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS).

    • If you already registered in DEEDS, you may skip this step. 
    • If you are not registered in DEEDS, you must first register and apply via the DEEDS Registration Page to create a profile record (i.e., name, contact information, education information, student teaching, work experience, etc.).

    You should stop at this point as you will have created your account in DEEDS, which is all that is necessary.

    Note the following:

    • Employed applicants should have their documents forwarded to their district office or charter school HR staff. Documents submitted by districts and charters must have met the standard of official documents when received at the district-or school-level and will be shared with the Delaware Department of Education.
    • Non-Employed applicants should have their documents forwarded to the Department’s Licensure and Certification office:

    Delaware Department of Education
    Licensure & Certification
    Collette Education Resource Center
    35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
    Dover, DE 19904
    Email: deeds@doe.k12.de.us

    • Certificates cannot be processed until ALL documentation listed on your application are officially received.  You can monitor this by visiting the DEEDS website and signing into your DEEDS account.

    Given the volume of applications and documents received, it is your responsibility to timely provide the required documentation and monitor your application in DEEDS.

    Top of Page

  • Education Requirements for Support Personnel Salary Supplements

    Professional Secretary Certificate, Level I Salary Supplement Qualifications

    Completion of 2 years of college or successful completion of a national examination or equivalent certification program approved by the Department of Education.

    Professional Secretary Certificate, Level II Salary Supplement Qualifications

    Eligibility for professional secretary certificate plus completion of 12 semester hours of college courses specified by the Department of Education and 5 years of successful experience.

    Bachelor’s Degree Certificate, Level III Salary Supplement Qualifications

    Completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college.

    Top of Page

  • Support Personnel Salary Supplement Documentation Requirements

    The following items must be sent:

    • Official Transcript(s) – High School diploma, certificate of equivalency, or transcript(s) from a regionally accredited college.
    • Official Test Scores, if applicable
    • Training Certificates, if applicable

    All documents, with the exception of copies of out-of-state and/or national certificates (if applicable), must be official, meaning that they must be sent directly from the appropriate third party (e.g., the college or university, testing organization, former employer, independent credentialing agency) to the Department, or forwarded unopened to the Department by the candidate. Applicants submitting test scores should be sure to review the Delaware Test Requirements for test-specific submission procedures.

    Top of Page

Last Modified on July 19, 2022