Special Education Strategic Plan Advisory Council
The goal of the Special Education Strategic Plan Advisory Council is to develop a statewide plan that addresses the delivery of special education within Delaware through a review of existing evidence and within the context of a representative stakeholder process.
All children with disabilities can reach their full potential through a student-centered, individualized education system using a collaborative and supportive model. By asking stakeholders to lead collaboration between schools, families, and communities, Delaware will create inclusive education to ensure student success and growth, and equity of special education and related services across Delaware.
MeetingsAll meetings will be posted on the Delaware Public Calendar .
Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 8:30am - 3pm
Appoquinimink Board Room
Marion E. Proffitt Training Center
118 South Sixth Street
Odessa, DE 19730
- Co-chair - Dr. Michele Marinucci , Woodbridge School District
- Co-chair - Bill Doolittle , Parent Advocate
- Dafne Carnright, Autism Delaware
- Edward Emmett, Positive Outcomes Charter School
- Katheryn Herel, PIC of Delaware
- Jon Cooper, Colonial School District
- Kendall Massett, Delaware Charter School Rep.
- Rep. Kim Williams, Legislator
- Kristin Dwyer, DSEA
- Kristin Pidgeon, Down Syndrome Association
- Dr. Lisa Lawson, Brandywine School District
- Mary Ann Mieczkowski, Department of Education
- Dr. Sarah Celestin, Red Clay Consolidated School District
- Dr. Vincent Winterling, Delaware Autism Program
- Wendy Strauss, GACEC
- Annalisa Ekbladh, University of Delaware CDS
- Dr. John Marinucci, DASB
- Sonya Lawrence, Parent Advocate
- Teresa Avery, Autism Delaware
- Laurie Kettle-Rivera, Delaware School for the Deaf
- Mark Campano, Delaware Statewide Programs
- Dr. Josette McCullough, Appoquinimink School District
- Mondaria Batchelor, Woodbridge School District
Special Education Strategic Plan Goals
Goal Area Goals Sub-Group Members Students To increase the success of students with disabilities by improving their ability to become active, valued, and participating members of their community, today and in the future Ed Emmett-Lead
To have a highly engaged and effective workforce with appropriate values, skills, and knowledge for today - and tomorrow's - work. Elisha Jenkins-Lead
Delivery Structure/ Systems
1) To make available the same array of evidence based practices and models of service deliveries regardless of a student's placement. 2) To modify delivery system to facilitate the achievement of other goals.
Parents / Families To increase the engagement with parents and families as partners in collaboration to support their children at home and at school with access and knowledge of the resources they need. Josette McCullough-Lead
Resources To acquire more resources as needed and maximize the efficiency in use of our existing resources Kristin Dwyer-Lead
Mary Ann Mieczkowski
To add, delete, and modify policies and regulations to support our current and future goals and objectives.
Mary Ann Mieczkowski
Community To increase the levels of support and collaboration through engagement and education. Kendall Massett-Lead