Comprehensive Induction ProgramInstructions For DEEDS Mentor Center
Requesting Lead Mentor/Mentor Pay
Deadline: Early May
The Department of Education accepts the pay requests during the first week of May each year. Site Coordinators will be notified in April with the exact date by which the requests need to be submitted. (Stipend requests that are not submitted by the deadline in May will be the responsibility of the site.)
This process is done once a year during a two-week time period during the month of May. The Site Coordinator should collect the following documentation from Lead Mentors & Mentors before initiating the pay request process:
VOS forms = Verification of Services forms for the Mentor for Years One and Two. A set of forms must be submitted for each Mentee that was mentored.
After the site coordinator has verified that the Lead mentor/Mentor has submitted all documentation as required by their site, stipend pay can be requested by following the instructions below:
- Log in to IMS https://login.doe.k12.de.us/
- Click on "Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS)"
- Click on "Mentoring Center"
- Click on "Request Mentor Salary Increment"
- Select the Lead Mentor/Mentor's name for the drop down menu
- Check to see that the correct number of mentees is showing (may be "0" for Lead Mentors)
- Click "Request Increment"
- Go on to the next name until pay is requested for all the Lead Mentors/Mentors
To verify that this process was done correctly and that the correct stipend amount was requested for each Lead Mentor and Mentor on the list, follow the instructions below:
- Return to the main Mentor Center page
- Click on "View Report"
- Click on "Mentor List"
- Click on "all schools" on the drop down menu
- Click on "Search"
- Here is a list including the names, the dates/times the payments were requested, the # of Mentees, and the amounts of the stipends. There will be no holes in the list if a stipend has been requested for every name on the list.
Important: Site Coordinators should request pay for as many of the site's Lead Mentors and Mentors as possible through the DEEDS Mentor Center. However, if there is a Mentor whom is unable to be assigned in the DEEDS Mentor Center to his/her correct Mentee, the Site Coordinator shall use the Mentor Stipend Submission Supplemental Verification Form as a method to request the stipend payment. The Site Coordinator shall complete either Section A or Section B of the form as applicable and forward the form via email to Jon Neubauer at firstname.lastname@example.org by the stipend pay request deadline.
Once the Site Coordinator is certain that all stipend pay requests have been accurately submitted through the DEEDs Mentor Center and via the Mentor Stipend Submission Supplemental Verification Form he/she shall notify DOE that all stipend pay requests have been submitted for that site by following the instructions below:
- Return to the main "Mentor Center" page
- Click on "Notify DOE Salary increment requests are complete"
- Click on "Click here to Notify DOE of Completion"
- The Site Coordinator and DOE will both receive an email that the site's stipend pay requests are complete.