Comprehensive Induction ProgramInstructions For DEEDS Mentor Center
Manual Data Entry of Mentees into Deeds Mentor Center
Deadline is October 31st
(New educators hired late in year after deadline may be added & list updated throughout the year)
One important function of the DEEDS Mentor Center is to record the progress of the new educator through four years of the mentoring process which is a requirement for the educator to transition from an Initial License to a Continuing License. DEEDS will generate the Mentee list of most new educators who have applied for or have been issued an Initial or Provisional License as well as those who are "new to state" or "new to an area" who require one year of the mentoring. Often there are names that the system misses; therefore, the Site Coordinator must review the Mentee List to confirm that the names of all new educators that are currently and actively employed by the site are listed. Any names that are missing can be added by following the instructions below:
- Log in to IMS https://login.doe.k12.de.us/
- Click on the yellow "DEEDS" icon.
- Click on "Mentoring Center"
- Click on "Add a Mentee"
- Enter the last 4 digits of the SS# (or Employee ID #), the birth date, and the first 2 characters of the last name (as prompted) and,
- click "add"
- Review the list to make sure that the name is there (listed in alphabetical order by last name)