To be considered for teacher licensure and certification in Delaware, educators must apply using the online application found in the Delaware Educator Data System (DEEDS). Applying for licensure is a two-step process. To review specific certificate area application requirements, refer to New Delaware Educators for a list of educator certificate categories.
If you already have a pending application and wish to add a certification area application, or hold a Delaware teaching license and certificate and wish to add another certification area, refer to Apply for Additional Certification for instructions.
This Application Process page includes the following sections:
DEEDS Application Process Steps
- Log in to your DEEDS account.
- Apply for the appropriate License and Certificate(s) for the content area you want to teach.
- Have a credit card (not a debit card) at hand. There will be a one-time $100 application fee, which is reimbursable upon employment in a Delaware public or charter school.
- Request to send all official documentation:
- All official transcripts.
- Test Scores (Praxis, ACTFL.)
- Proof of student teaching, if not on your transcript.
- Upon receipt of all documentation, DDOE Staff will review the application and documentation.
- DDOE staff will update your application status. You will receive an email indicating:
- If you met certification requirements; or
- If you did not meet certification requirements you will be notified of the documents that are still needed.
- You may apply for employment while your License and Certificate(s) are pending. Districts and charter schools will have access to your application information via DEEDS.