Human Resources Directors
ALERT: IMS and all applications will be unavailable starting Friday, August 14, 2020, at 7 AM for system maintenance and conversion to our new EDAccess Single Sign-On solution. Starting Monday, August 17, 2020, at 7 AM our new system will be online. Additional information will be sent via email within the next few weeks.
An important message from the office of Licensure & Certification regarding COVID-19
As Delaware continues to try to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Delaware Department of Education is modifying how it provides support to its customers. While there is still no public access to our offices, those seeking help from Licensure and Certification are encouraged to call or email for assistance.
- Employed educators, please contact your human resources office.
- All other educators, please contact L&C using a method below:
- By Email: Please send questions to email@example.com
- By Phone: (302) 857-3388. Please leave a detailed message that includes your name, question or concern, and contact information, which includes both a telephone number and email address for response.
New guidance regarding COVID-19 has been published on the DDOE Website linked in the blue bar below.
Submitting Official Documents
The L&C Office prefers all documents are submitted electronically, if possible.
By Email: Official documents should be sent directly to the Department from the originating authority (college, university, employer) electronically using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Documents must be sent as a PDF (we cannot accept PNG, JPG, or other file types) and attached to the email, not copied in the body of the email.
- The email address must be a professional email address from the originating authority - not forwarded by the educator.
- For transcripts, the electronic delivery service must send the access link directly to the Department. L&C cannot accept forwarded links.
By Mail: Documents may be mailed to the address below:
Delaware Department of Education
Office of Licensure & Certification
35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
Dover, DE 19904
State Mail Code N510
Thank you, The Licensure & Certification Team
COVID-19 Guidance and Updates (Educator Support) ETS Testing Information Notice
Human Resource Directors oversee the human resources and personnel operations in each district or charter school. Their role is extremely important in the operation of an organization that employs people. They make fundamental contributions to the organization's culture, development, and staffing. Over time, the role has evolved to include many aspects of talent management including recruitment, interviews, hiring, retention of employees, and employ growth.
If you are employed by a district or school, your HR Director is your first point of contact with licensure and certification questions.