An important message from the office of Licensure & Certification regarding COVID-19
As Delaware continues to try to limit the spread of COVID-19, the Delaware Department of Education is modifying how it provides support to its customers. While there is still no public access to our offices, those seeking help from Licensure and Certification are encouraged to call or email for assistance.
- Employed educators, please contact your human resources office.
- All other educators, please contact L&C using a method below:
- By Email: Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: (302) 857-3388. Please leave a detailed message that includes your name, question or concern, and contact information, which includes both a telephone number and email address for response.
New guidance regarding COVID-19 has been published on the DDOE Website.
Submitting Official Documents
The L&C Office prefers all documents are submitted electronically, if possible.
By Email: Official documents should be sent directly to the Department from the originating authority (college, university, employer) electronically using the email address: email@example.com
- Documents must be sent as a PDF (we cannot accept PNG, JPG, or other file types) and attached to the email, not copied in the body of the email.
- The email address must be a professional email address from the originating authority - not forwarded by the educator.
- For transcripts, the electronic delivery service must send the access link directly to the Department. L&C cannot accept forwarded links.
By Mail: Documents may be mailed to the address below:
Delaware Department of Education
Office of Licensure & Certification
35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
Dover, DE 19904
State Mail Code N510
Thank you, The Licensure & Certification Team
COVID-19 Guidance and Updates (Educator Support) ETS Testing Information Notice
The Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) will work with the public to provide information as allowable by law. The Licensure & Certification group cannot share an educator’s record contents with family, spouses, higher education, or the general public.
Teacher Licensure & Certification
The Delaware Department of Education provides public access to educator licensure and certification information for individual teachers. To Verify Credentials, input the educator’s first and last name to access a teacher’s records.
DDOE Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Policy and Procedures
The Licensure & Certification group follows the Department of Education’s FOIA Policy and Procedures regarding access to the public records. The Department of Education are in compliance with the Delaware Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Delaware Administrative Procedures Act. For more information, visit the Department’s FOIA website and obtain a FOIA Application.