Qualifications for School Bus Aides
Qualifications for School Bus Aides include the following and shall apply to all new applicants and for any person whose employment as an aide has lapsed for a period of over one year.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be fingerprinted to allow a criminal background check at both state and federal level and meet the same requirements (pre licensing) specified for school bus drivers in the Delaware Code.
- The aides shall present themselves to the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) personnel at one of the Delaware State Police Troops that possesses such criminal background checks or State Bureau of Investigation.
- File with the district transportation supervisor a notarized affidavit (the same as the school bus driver affidavit) attesting to acceptable criminal history pending an official state and federal criminal record report.
- Submit to the federal drug and alcohol testing procedures established for school bus drivers.
- Complete the Annual Delaware School Bus Aide Physical.
- Complete the school bus driver classroom training and other district required training programs satisfactorily before beginning their duties.
Last Modified on January 22, 2018