Delaware's Final ESSA State Plan
"We are proud of the strong gains Delaware’s public schools have made in recent years as graduation rates and academic proficiency levels have increased and opportunity gaps have started to close. Our teachers, school and district leaders, students, families and community partners have led this change. The efforts and innovations reflected in our ESSA plan are the result of months of extensive consultation and meaningful engagement with our community.
The Delaware Department of Education has received more than 1,000 comments submitted through online surveys, a dedicated ESSA email address, a Governor’s ESSA Advisory Committee, discussion groups and community conversations. The valuable input received was critical to Delaware’s plan development process."
-Susan S. Bunting, Secretary of Education
Delaware's Updated Approved Consolidated ESSA State Plan - September 1
The following updates have been made to the redlined version of the plan:
- Page 52 – Replaced one paragraph under iii. It describes the new TSI-2 and TSI-1 methodology.
- Page 61 – Struck the text “(to be determined)” in the Consistently Underperforming Subgroups (TSI-2) bullet under i. The definition is now spelled out.
- Page 61-62 – Replaced our entire response after the bullets under i. The definition is spelled out again with some additional timeline information and a few other wording changes for consistency.
- Page 63 – Added the text “,TSI-2” to the second arrow bullet under SY 18-19. It adds TSI-2 to the November 2018 timeline.
- Page 63 – Struck the text “first” in the fourth arrow bullet under SY 19-20. It is not the first anymore. November 2018 is.
- Page 64 – Changed the text “by November of each year” to “every three years”.
Delaware's Approved Consolidated ESSA State Plan - August 2
Delaware's Consolidated ESSA State Plan - July 26 Resubmission to USED
On pages 62 and 66: "for academic progress, graduation rate, and/or ELP indicators" was updated to "for academic achievement, graduation rate, and/or ELP indicators"
Delaware's Consolidated ESSA State Plan - July 24 Resubmission to USED
The following updates have been made to the redlined version of the plan. All new changes are highlighted in yellow.
- p. 37: Graphic updated to reflect moving On Track in 9th Grade from the Academic Progress indicator to the School Quality/Student Success indicator
- p. 42: Table updated to reflect SAT Essay as one of CCP “options”
- p. 43: AFQT was misspelled in prior version and plus sign was missing after 50 to indicate a 50 or better
- p. 43: Table updated to reflect On Track in 9th Grade in the School Quality/Student Success indicator
- p. 53: Weighting updated to reflect moving On Track in 9th Grade to the School Quality/Student Success indicator, continuing to reflect a substantial amount of weight assigned to academic indicators in the aggregate
- p. 62: Additional language added to clarify that the All Students subgroup is used to identify schools for CSI, along with additional language to connect exit targets to the state’s interim measures of progress
- p. 62: Additional language added to clarify that charter schools are provided exit targets in the same manner as traditional public schools, and that state charter law defines a process for charter revocation and closure
- p. 66: Additional language added to clarify the connection between exit targets for schools identified for TSI and the state’s interim measures of progress
- p. 116 - 120: Additional language added to clarify Migrant program services, specifically the integration and evaluation of joint planning among local, state, and federal programs
Delaware's Consolidated ESSA State Plan - June 29 Resubmission to USED
Delaware's Consolidated ESSA State Plan - April 3 Submission to USED
Questions and comments can be sent to ESSAStatePlan@doe.k12.de.us.
ESSA State Plan Final Draft - March 29
ESSA State Plan Components
Section 1: Long-Term Goals
Section 2: Consultation and Performance Management
Section 3: Academic Assessments
Section 4: Accountability, Support, and Improvement for Schools
Section 5: Supporting Excellent Educators
Section 6: Supporting All Students