Delaware Science Education Toolkits
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) establish guidelines for Science instruction. NGSS-aligned science standards set expectations for what students should know by the end of every grade level in the three dimensions of science:
- Crosscutting Concepts
- Core Ideas
The following toolkits provide detailed information on Delaware's new NGSS science standards and its NGSS-aligned assessment.
- How to read the NGSS
- What are phenomena ?
- First steps toward transitioning to NGSS
- Each of the three dimensions
- How will Science Education Change with NGSS
- Why do NGSS standards matter?
- Cross Cutting Concept Prompts
- Beyond Misconceptions
- Orienting to School Ideas and Sensemaking
- Implementation: What’s Different, and do they matter?
For more information on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in Delaware, contact Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development at 302-735-4180.