Smarter Balanced Digital Library
The Digital Library provides subject- and grade-specific resources intended to help educators apply the formative assessment process during daily instruction. In addition, the Digital Library has collaboration features that allow users to rate materials and share their expertise with educators across the country. The Digital Library is available to district and charter educators with resources available for use in grades K-12.Digital Library Overview
Digital Library Webinars
- Digital Library Access - Requires Registration
- Video: Exploring the Smarter Balanced Digital Library
Provides an overview of the formative assessment process and instructions for logging in and navigating the Digital Library. ( 29-minutes
- Digital Library Introduction for Teachers
Takes users on a tour of the Digital Library and focuses on accessing, filtering and navigating, marking favorites, using the forum features, and describing the four attributes of the formative assessment process. This presentation is recommended for use during a staff meeting or professional development session.
- Digital Library Overview and Sample Resources
This slide show is a recorded tour that is meant for anyone wanting to know more about the Digital Library's design features and professional learning resources. It includes three sample resources to demonstrate how to interact with the Digital Library. This overview is meant for educators, parents and guardians, school board members, and community representatives.
- Digital Library Fact Sheet
This fact sheet provides an overview of the Digital Library, the formative assessment process, and the features that allow teachers to search by a multitude of features of instructional materials that will help inform teaching and learning. The fact sheet is ideal for sharing with educators, parents and guardians, school board members, and community representatives.
- FAQs: Formative Assessment and Digital Library
- Maximizing Resources of the SBAC Digital Library
Take a tour and receive a demonstration of the new Math, ELA and Assessment Literacy modules. Demonstrates online, CCSS-aligned resources created by educators.
- Spotlight Webinar and Forum Series
Provides an overview of the resource materials and highlights formative assessment strategies that can be used to support teaching and learning. Hosted by national experts and innovative practitioners in a variety of areas such as curriculum, English language development, and special education.
- Including All Students in Assessments of ELA and Mathematics – May 2016
- Illustrative Mathematics Series
- Investigating Grades 6 & 7 Ratio and Proportional Relationship Standards with Tile Pile
- Teaching High School Functions through Modeling Problems
- Exploring Mathematical Fluency in the Common Core State Standards
- Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Maximizing Access to Instruction and Testing for Students with Disabilities to Improve Achievement
- Opportunity to Learn for All Students: Enhancing Access to What Should be Taught and Will be Tested
- Understanding and Accelerating Achievement Growth for Students with Disabilities
- Using Learning Progressions to Formatively Assess Students’ Ability to Analyze Arguments Resource
- Using a Learning Progression to Formatively Assess the Concept of Slope Resource
- Developing Constructive Classroom Conversations in Grades K–2
- Focusing on Language to Support Middle School Math Argumentation
- Formative Assessment of Written Language in Grades 6–8
- Smarter Analytics
Includes an overview of using Smarter Analytics to guide instruction, webinars, and claim and target crosswalks for grades K-8.
- Digital Library Connections
Links student performance on the Smarter Balanced Interim Assessment Blocks (IABs) to resources in the Digital Library. Educators can use these connections to find relevant and useful instructional supports that are aligned to students’ needs. Created by expert educators in collaboration with Smarter Balanced, Digital Library Connections
- Video: Introducing the Smarter Balanced Digital Library
Provides a general introduction to the Digital Library with endorsements from California educators who are using formative assessment resources from the Digital Library. (Six Minutes)
- Quality Criteria for the Digital Library
Provides background on the development of the Quality Criteria for the Digital Library as well as an overview of the rating system used to review resources. In addition, Formative Assessment Practices/Transition to the Common Core Work Group members explain how State Leadership Teams and State Networks of Educators use the Quality Criteria to evaluate resources for the Digital Library. (33 Minutes)
For more information on connecting assessments to instruction, contact Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Development at 302-735-4180For technical inquiries regarding the Smarter assessment system, contact the Office of Assessment at 302-857-3391.