The Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP) Outside-School-Hours Program allows eligible child care institutions to participate as an independent institution, or under a sponsoring organization. Eligible institutions must provide care for school-age children outside regular school hours, such as: before school, after school, holidays and/or during school vacation periods. Weekend only programs are not eligible.
The CACFP Outside-School-Hours-Care component requires:
Program providers receive Federal reimbursement for the nutritious meals served based on the free, reduced-price, or paid rate for each meal or snack served to participating children, depending on each child’s individual income.For more information, please call the Delaware Department of Education's Nutrition Programs Office at (302) 857-3356, or visit the USDA CACFP website.
- Children age 12 or under;
- Serve up to 2 meals and 1 snack per child;
- Child care institutions to provide regularly scheduled and organized child care services;
- Meets State and/or local child care licensing requirements, or local health and safety standards;
- Be distinct from any organized extracurricular programs for scholastic, cultural, or athletic purposes.