Delaware Assessment Inventory
Senate Joint Resolution 2DISTRICT RESOURCES
The assessment inventory involved the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE), all districts and schools engaging in a comprehensive review process based on a set of tools and guidelines developed by the DDOE Office of Assessment in collaboration with Achieve , a Washington D.C.-based non-profit dedicated to working with states to raise academic standards and graduation requirements, improve assessments, and strengthen accountability. The inventory process included the DDOE, districts and schools identifying:
- All required assessments for each subject area and grade level
- The amount of time needed for the test, when it is taken, when results are available
- How results are used and for what purpose
To support any costs associated with the Assessment Inventory process, all district and charter schools were invited to apply for a Delaware Assessment Inventory grant. The grant covered optional expenses such as teacher stipends, contractors to assist with the inventory process, and professional development related to the inventory process. Grants were awarded to all 11 districts and charters that submitted grant applications.
Assessment Inventory template provided to district to complete their inventories. District were not required to use this exact format and were able to modify to meet their needs.DISTRICT TOOLKIT
Offers useful tools and resources for the Assessment Inventory process.
Defining Components of a Balanced Assessment System
DDOE and Sample PowerPoint Presentations
- Balanced Assessment System Overview
- Defining Formative Assessments
- Defining Interim Assessments
- Defining Summative Assessments
- Chiefs Presentation
PowerPoint for district presentations to school board members, staff, etc.
PowerPoint for district and school presentations to parents and community members.
Webinar recording. Please note: The recording begins at the 1.5 minute mark.
Delaware's Assessment Inventory process was based on the model developed by Achieve. This website offers useful tools and resources for administrators, teachers, and parents.
- Achieve Assessment Inventory for Districts
- Criteria for Procuring and Evaluating High-Quality Assessments
- Sample Focus Group and Survey Materials for Community Feedback
- Assessment Evaluation Tool (K-12 Math)
- Assessment Evaluation Tool (3-12 ELA)
- Criteria for High-Quality Assessments