SAT Information and Resources
While high school grades are a very useful indicator of how students will perform in college, there is great variation in grading standards and course rigor within and across high schools. More than 80 years ago, the College Board created the first standardized college entrance test to help colleges and universities identify students who could succeed at their institutions and to connect students with educational opportunities beyond high school.
Today, the SAT is the benchmark standardized assessment of the critical reading, mathematical reasoning, and writing skills students have developed over time and that they need to be successful in college and career. Each year, more than two million students take the SAT. Nearly every college in America uses the test as a common and objective scale for evaluating a student's college readiness.
Test Center Supervisors, SSD Coordinators, and Educators
- SAT School Day Customer Support : 855-373-6387 or SATSchoolDaySupport@collegeboard.org
- ETS Test Administration Support (TAS - for test day items, rosters, test material issues): 800-257-5123 or email@example.com
- SSD Support (help with submitting approvals or checking approval status): 844-255-7728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAT Counselor Hotline : 888-SAT-HELP (728-4357)
- Students and Parents (registration, online account questions)
- Customer Service Support: 866-756-7346
- SSD Support and Questions: 212-713-8333
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student PSAT scores and AP Potential: http://studentscores.collegeboard.org/
- FREE Khan Academy SAT Practice: http://satpractice.org
- Score Reporting Portal:
- AP Potential™ Data: appotential.collegeboard.org
- SAT School Day Implementation Milestones and Deadlines
This chart provides a quick look at the milestone deadlines for each activity for the April 10th SAT School Day administration.
- NEW 1-25-2018! SSDC Implementation Handbook
This handbook will help prepare SSD Coordinators for requesting and administering accommodations for the SAT Suite of Assessments.
- NEW 1-25-2018! SAT Supervisor Implementation Handbook
This handbook will help prepare SAT School Day supervisors for the Delaware-provided SAT in April 2018.
- Registered SAT School Day Test Centers
This is a list of test centers that are registered with College Board to administer the SAT School Day test
- SAT Alignment Study
Provides an external, independent alignment study of the SAT to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS).
- Five Things to Know About the New SAT
For students planning to take the SAT in April. Includes information on the new test and how the College Board made the SAT more focused, clear, and useful.
- Previous SAT vs New SAT
Infographic on the new SAT structure, score, sections, and approach to testing. Quickly shows the changes from the SAT previously administered to the new SAT being administered beginning March 2016.
- Daily Practice for the New SAT
Provides information on a new SAT app that students can use to receive daily SAT questions with immediate feedback. Includes how students can take a pic of their SAT practice sheets to receive an immediate score.
- SAT Study Guide for Students
Includes steps for students on how to access SAT practice tools, practice tips, and ways to support student practice.
- Why Practice: More than Just a Test
Gives details about free, personalized SAT prep available to students.
- 7 Ways to Support Students Taking the SATs
Outlines how schools and families can support students as they practice for the SAT.
- Talking Points: The Redesigned SAT
Provides information on the redesigned SAT in bullet format. Lists important facts and background information about SAT changes.