Accountability Student Verification (ASV) System
The Delaware School Success Framework (DSSF) is a new, comprehensive accountability system that will measure and publicly report on multiple areas of school success. To support the transition to the DSSF, the Delaware Department of Education (DDOE) has developed a system to verify the students that will be counted in a school or district’s accountability rating. Use of the accountability student verification (ASV) system will increase efficiency in the production of accountability ratings and improve transparency so that students, parents, teachers, administrators, policymakers, and the general public have an accurate account of educational performance.
The Accountability Student Verification system is built on the same platform as the Educator of Record Roster Verification System (RVS). The ASV draws upon data in eSchool and RVS to automatically generate rosters for each school in the state. The ASV tool then communicates with a number of other databases, including homeschool and private school enrollment and the Dropout Verification System (DVS), to increase the accuracy of a student’s placement for accountability purposes.
The ASV was designed to limit the burden on school and district officials. This is accomplished in the following ways:
- The ASV is built on the same platform (including design) as the Educator of Record Roster Verification System (RVS), a system that educators across the state have used for a number of years. Thus, very little additional training will be required.
- Student information is prepopulated, drawing upon data in eSchool and RVS to automatically generate rosters for each school in the state.
- The ASV communicates with a number of other databases, including homeschool and private school enrollment and the Dropout Verification System (DVS), to increase the accuracy of a student’s placement for accountability purposes.
- A significant amount of the information included in the ASV has already been verified through another DDOE process (for instance, September 30 count and RVS), thereby limiting the number of students that need to be reviewed.
Accountability Student Verification (ASV) Reference Guide (updated July 16, 2018) – step-by-step instructions relating to the ASV system.
ASV Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (updated July 12, 2018)
DDOE hosted a webinar on the ASV on July 21, 2015. A recording of the webinar is available at this link: View the ASV webinar recording.
Please note: The ASV System Application Training is available through PDMS, course number 25044.
For access to or technical questions regarding the ASV System, please contact the Data Management Workgroup:
For information regarding policy, please contact the Performance Management Workgroup:
- Chantel Janiszewski, email@example.com
The telephone number for both Workgroups is (302) 735-4090.