Technical Assistance and Resources
Educating Students with Disabilities
The following information and resources support educators of students with disabilities. If at any time you have questions about the materials below, or if you would like to suggest training needs, please contact the Exceptional Children Resources workgroup at 302-735-4210.
Leadership Meeting Presentations
- May 14, 2012 (Updated May 2014)
- May 25, 2011 (Updated October 2014)
- January 23, 2009 (Updated October 2014)
Individualized Education Program (IEP) Guidance
Special Education Contact List - 2016-2017
Provides contact information for special education administrators and directors in each district.
- Extended School Year Services (pdf)
- Special Education Regulations: Recent Amendments
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students
- Educational Surrogate Parent Program
- AIM - Accessible Instructional Materials
- NIMAS - National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard
For more information on educating students with disabilities, contact Exceptional Children Resources at 302-735-4210.