Technical Assistance and Resources
Educating Students with Disabilities
The following information and resources support educators of students with disabilities. If at any time you have questions about the materials below, or if you would like to suggest training needs, please contact the Exceptional Children Resources workgroup at 302-735-4210.
Leadership Meeting Presentations
Individualized Education Program (IEP) Guidance
Special Education Regulations
The special education eligibility criteria for the twelve educational classifications were revised. These revisions are reflected in Regulations 922 and 925 and will be implemented beginning July 1, 2021.
Final Reg 922, Reg 925 with tracked changes - Published in the Jan. 1, 2021 Delaware Register of Regulations Volume 24, Issue 7
Regulations 922 and 925 (final) - To be uploaded to the Delaware Administrative Code in June 2021.
Regulation 508- Multi-Tiered System of Support was added as part of the eligibility criteria for several educational classifications.
If you have questions or need support, please contact Exceptional Children Resources at (302) 735-4210.
- Extended School Year Services (pdf)
- Special Education Regulations: Recent Amendments
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students
- Educational Surrogate Parent Program
- Significant Disproportionality Guidance Document
- Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS) Process
- Comprehensive Intervening Services (CCEIS) Process
For more information on educating students with disabilities, contact Exceptional Children Resources at 302-735-4210.