Educator of Record Roster Verification System (RVS)
New to RVS? Download the RVS At-A-Glance Guide for an overview of the process with tips for teachers, building administrators, and district administrators.
Roster Verification System (RVS) Overview
The Roster Verification System (RVS) is an online system (inside of IMS) that allows Delaware's Group 1 teachers and administrators the opportunity to complete an automated roster verification process to assist in the determination of one measure of their Component V educator evaluation rating ("Measure A" for teachers; "Part A" for administrators). Roster verification ensures that all students who should be considered for the educator's evaluation are present on his or her roster.
The RVS system is used in two phases: before/during the statewide student assessment and after student scores have been returned from the assessment vendor. In the first phase, educators review and/or build rosters and submit to evaluators for approval. In the second phase, educators review their Measure A or Part A reports.
Who needs to complete RVS?
While school leaders conduct some form of roster verification with all educators as part of Component V, only Group 1 teachers and administrators who receive a Part A: Statewide Student Growth Measures rating utilize the state's RVS system. A Group 1 teacher includes any educator who instructs ELA and/or mathematics for at least 10 students in grades four (4) through eight (8). Administrators receive a Part A rating if they are responsible for 20 or more students taking the state assessment.
- On February 9, 2018 rosters will be loaded into RVS from eSchoolPLUS
- February 12 - March 16, 2018 LEAs may review RVS rosters ahead of the official RVS opening (RVS quality control described below)
- On March 19, 2018 RVS will open for Group 1 teachers, administrators, and evaluators to verify rosters
- On April 13, 2018 RVS will close for teachers
- On May 31, 2018 RVS will close for administrators/evaluators
RVS Process: At-A-Glance
Tips & Reminders
Before/During Student Assessment
- The goal is to validate lists of students educators instruct, per subject.
- All data must be complete and accurate in the district or charter school's educator evaluation system online platform (DSC's DPAS application) and in eSchoolPLUS for RVS to accurately use the information. Complete and accurate data includes PHRST employee ID for both the educator and the evaluator, educator group number, District Code, School Code, and subject taught (mathematics and/or ELA). If any of these pieces of information are incomplete, missing, or not recognized as valid by RVS, it will ignore the data to ensure bad or incorrect mappings do not occur.
- Building administrators should ensure that all educators who should have a roster (or rosters) does before RVS opens (see quality control process below).
- It is recommended that districts and charter schools set internal deadlines for different administrator types in order for final district administrator approval to take place before the May 31st deadline.
After Student Scores Are Returned
- RVS Measure A (or Part A) Reports become complete when all student assessment scores on a given roster have been returned from the assessment vendor. The date at which an RVS Measure A Report will become complete will vary for each educator.
- Evaluators should not finalize the Measure A or Part A rating for an educator until all scores are present.
- Evaluators should not attempt to approximate scores or ratings using DSARA (Delaware Student Assessment Reporting & Analysis).
- Should a school reset or reopen the assessment for a student, it is possible for a student's score to change (target met or not met) and subsequently impact a teacher's overall Measure A rating. Administrators should only finalize Measure A ratings after they have ensured that there are no pending student assessment resets or reopens.
RVS Quality Control 2017-18
In an effort to build in an additional quality control measure, the 2017-18 rosters were created on February 9, 2018. The purpose is to allow LEA staff the opportunity to ensure that (1) every educator who should have a roster (or rosters) does, and that (2) those educators have rosters for the correct subjects they instruct (ELA and/or mathematics) before RVS opens. These reports can currently be accessed by opening RVS (in IMS) and running the School or District ERS Assignment Structure report (identifying Group 1 teachers) and the RVS Rosters with Student Counts by District or School report (displays student counts on ELA and/or math rosters).
If you find an educator does not have a roster loaded, it could be for one of the following reasons:
- Their employee ID number in your evaluation system online platform (DCS), PHRST, or eSchoolPLUS is missing, is incorrect, or does not match the employee ID in the other systems.
- Their educator group in your evaluation system online platform is incorrect (not Group 1)
- Their class is not tagged as ELA or math in eSchoolPLUS
Please log into RVS and run the School or District ERS Assignment Structure and the RVS Rosters with Student Counts by District or School reports to begin this investigation. Note that RVS is not opening early. Therefore, you will not see student level data represented in the report at this time. If changes need to be made, please make them in your evaluation system online platform and/or in eSchoolPLUS before March 19, 2018. RVS will attempt to build new rosters based on these changes nightly.
Additional Information and Technical Assistance
Below are links to technical assistance documents for RVS. An overview of these documents (document name, audience, and description) can be be found here: RVS Technical Assistance Document Overview.
Before/During Student Assessment Administration
- How-To: Setup eSchoolPLUS Prerequisites for RVS
- How-To: View/Edit an Existing Roster
- How-To: Approve Submitted Rosters
- How-To: Build a Roster
- How-To: View RVS Report - Inbox Analysis
- How-To: View RVS Report - ERS Assignment Structure
- How-To Webinar Training Video: Approve an RVS Roster
- How-To Webinar Training Video: Edit/Submit an RVS Roster
After Student Scores are Returned
- How-To: View RVS Report - Student Score Completion
- How-To: View RVS Report - Student Growth Measure A
- How To: Appeal a Roster
Contact Information for Questions/Comments
Please direct any questions/comments to the Department's RVS Support Team. They are available for technical assistance to all districts and charter schools. They can be reached by phone or email.