Local Chinese Cultural Organizations and Resources
- Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the United States of America: The Embassy of China in the U.S.A., Washington, D.C. is the diplomatic mission of China to the United States.
3505 International Place, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20008 U.S.A.
Suggested Activities:Tour of the embassy
- Chinese American Community Center: Chinese American Community Center (CACC, 德立華華美聯誼中心), in Hockessin, Delaware, is a non-profit, non-sectarian, not partisan and independent organization founded in 1982 by a group of interested Chinese Americans in the Greater Wilmington area which encompasses Delaware, southeastern Pennsylvania, and southern New Jersey. CACC is an affiliate agency of the United Way of Delaware. Calendar: http://www.caccdelaware.org/Activities_and_Events.html
1313 Little Baltimore Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707-9701
Suggested Activities: Chinese cultural clubs;
Chinese weekend language schools:
o Chinese School of Delaware: http://www.chineseschoolde.org/
o Delaware Chunhui Chinese School: http://chunhuischool.org/
- Delaware Chinese American Association: http://www.dcaadelaware.org/
Postal mail: DCAA, P.O. Box 490, Hockessin, DE 19707
Suggested Activities: Clubs and social events calendar: http://www.dcaadelaware.org/club.aspx
- Chinatown: Washington DC, Philadelphia
Suggested Activities: Shopping; Chinese food; Sightseeing of landmarks; Conversation with Chinese native speakers; Cultural events
- University Chinese Organizations:
University of Delaware Chinese Students and Scholars Association: http://www.udcssa.org/
University of Delaware Confucius Institute:http://sites.udel.edu/ci/
Delaware State University Office of International Affairs: http://www.desu.edu/international-programs/office-international-affairs-0
Suggested Activities: Chinese new year celebration performances and other cultural events
- Chinese Newspaper
Metro Chinese Weekly