Delaware Teacher Corps
Delaware Teacher Corps-Graduate Level
- Legal residents of Delaware .
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- Enrollment at a Delaware college in a graduate program leading to teacher certification in a critical need area as defined by the Delaware Department of Education.
- Priority is given to students who intend to teach Special Education
Teacher Shortage Areas in 2019-2020:
- English Language Learner
- World languages
- Special Education (All Areas)
- Business Education
- Agriscience Education
- Family Consumer Science
- School Nurse
- Library Media Specialist
- Immersion (Elementary/World Language)
- Technology Education
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition.
- Renewable for up to three additional years with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Loan forgiveness provision at a rate of one year of teaching in a Delaware public school for one year of loan.
- The application opens April 1, 2020 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 5, 2020
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
Provide a copy of your most recent college transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline