Ada Leigh Soles Memorial Professional Librarian and Archivist Incentive Program
- Legal residents of Delaware
- U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: Applicant must have worked at least two years at a Delaware public library, county department library, public school library, state agency library, a member library of the Delaware Library Consortium or archive.
- Master’s Degree Program: Full- or part-time students in an ALA-accredited master’s degree program of library and information science.
- Doctoral Degree Program: Applicant must have worked at least two years at a Delaware public library, county department library, public school library, state agency library, a member library of the Delaware library Consortium or archive.
- Academic record, community service, and financial need are considered. Preference is given to current employees of a public library, county department library, public school library, or a state agency library or archive in Delaware.
- Loan not to exceed cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and other direct educational expenses
- Renewable for three additional years
- Loan forgiveness provisions at a rate of two years of qualifying employment for one year of loan for master's and doctoral degree students and a loan forgiveness rate of one year of qualifying employment for one year of loan for bachelor's degree students.
- The application opens April 1, 2019 and the deadline to receive all application materials is 4:30 p.m. on June 3, 2019
- Must file Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2019
- You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed. You must provide all of the required information:
Complete online application and add your activities, be sure to add all of the clubs or organizations that you are, or were part of, as well as your interests and any awards or honors that you received. This is your opportunity to highlight all of the activities that you have been involved in, either in or out of school.
Provide a copy of your most recent college transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline