The purpose of the Delaware Interscholastic Athletic Association is
- to preserve and promote the educational significance of interscholastic athletics;
- to ensure that interscholastic athletics remain compatible with the educational mission of the member schools;
- to provide for fair and equitable competition between the member schools;
- to promote sportsmanship and ethical behavior;
- to establish and enforce standards of conduct for athletes, coaches, administrators, officials, and spectators;
- to protect the physical well-being of the athletes; and
- to promote healthy adolescent lifestyles.