Resources For Parents
- The Advanced Placement Program: English | Espanol
- The Advanced Placement Program: Family Involvement Information and Training Kit
Successful family involvement is a sustained commitment to instill the habit of learning and to set high expectations. It is making connections to teachers and schools not only when trouble arises, but as part of the everyday process of children’s schooling.U.S. Department of Education “An Open Letter”
National Standards for Parent/Family Involvement Programs
- Communicating—Communication between home and school is regular, two-way, and meaningful.
- Parenting—Parenting skills are promoted and supported.
- Student Learning—Parents play an integral role in assisting student learning.
- Volunteering—Parents are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought.
- School Decision Making and Advocacy—Parents are full partners in the decisions that affect children and families.
- Collaborating with Community—Community resources are used to strengthen schools, families, and student learning.