First State Manufactured Housing Association Scholarship
- Legal residents of Delaware who are high school seniors or former graduates seeking to further their education.
- Must have been a resident of a manufactured home for at least one year prior to the application.
- May be used for any type of accredited two- or four-year degree program, or for any accredited training, licensing, or certification program.
- Full- or part-time (at least 7 credits) enrollment in an accredited program is acceptable.
- Must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Varies, up to $1000 per student for up to four awards
- Award recipients can reapply annually.
Evaluated on scholastic record, financial need, essay, and personal/professional recommendations.
- Application opens on December 1, 2017 and all application materials must be received by 4:30 p.m. on March 5, 2018.
- Applicants must file the FAFSA prior to the deadline for the application.
You can apply online by completing the application on the Delaware Higher Education Office's secure Student Account Access site. First-time users must establish an account and provide a valid email and mailing address before proceeding to the application.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Essay of at least 500 words, excluding headings and footnotes. Word count will be verified.
If you are a high school senior, or have less than 12 college credits, please provide academic information to the Delaware Higher Education Office:
- For students attending Delaware public or charter schools:the Delaware Higher Education office will access your 9th through 11th grade unweighted cumulative GPA and SAT scores through eSchool.
- For home-schooled students or students attending private high-schools in Delaware please send a copy of your SAT scores and your 9th through 11th grade high-school transcript showing your unweighted cumulative GPA directly to the Delaware Higher Education Office by the scholarship deadline.
FAFSA filed prior to the deadline. Students are responsible for ensuring that their school provides these forms by the deadline.
Two letters of recommendation from either personal or professional sources who know you well.