Comprehensive Induction Program (CIP) - formerly the Professional Mentoring Program
Jon Neubauer, Education Associate
Phone: (302) 735-4261
Tina Whittington, Secretary
Phone: (302) 735-4261
Christopher Ruszkowski, Chief Officer
Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Branch (TLEB)
Helpful Resource - 2014 Lead Mentor Training Flowchart- this chart will assist teachers/specialists in determining which Lead Mentor Trainingis applicable to them
2013-2014 DPAS II Online Modules Now Open for Registration!
VISION - To ensure all new educators in the State of Delaware receive full professional and personal support as they develop the essential knowledge, skills and experience that will result in a high quality education for all of Delaware’s students, notably those taught by novice educators.
MISSION - To provide the necessary framework, resources, and support to enable and empower all Local Education Agencies (LEAs) to develop and implement a local Comprehensive Induction Program tailored to the needs of new educators and aligned with state and local initiatives.
OBJECTIVES - The Delaware Department of Education seeks to:
- Empower and support LEAs to plan and implement comprehensive mentoring and induction programs that meet the specific needs of new educators and are aligned with state and local initiatives.
- Establish a state-wide collaborative community of education practitioners that willingly and openly share resources, assistance, and ideas that increase the support provided to new educators.
- Support LEAs in the selection and training of highly effective mentors.
- Assist LEAs in the development of “assessment literate” educators who are able to review student data and use that data to drive instruction in the classroom.
- Build reflective practitioners who are able to review their present level of professional performance and use that data to set personal professional development goals.
Delaware Comprehensive Induction Programs:
- Comprehensive Induction Program for New Teachers
- Comprehensive Induction Program for New School Counselors
- Comprehensive Induction Program for New School Nurses
- Comprehensive Induction Program for New School Psychologists
Mentoring Guidance for the following professions:
Scientific Research Base
The Delaware Mentoring and Induction Program is aligned with the following research:
- Enhancing Professional Development: A Framework for Teaching by Charlotte Danielson
- Classroom Assessment for Student Learning; Doing it Right-Using it Well by Richard J. Stiggins
- Five Core Propositions - The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards